cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Mathcad 14 does not solve matrix!

jnik
1-Newbie

Mathcad 14 does not solve matrix!

Hello there,

I really need your help. I am sure I wrote a good matrix and the formulas are not in red which means that the program accepts the variables and that the matrix is solvable. However, I get nothing when I try to solve it. Please find attached the picture:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:jnik)

Your worksheet works fine in Mathcad 15 M030. Try to do the following:

• Enable automatic calculation ("Tools"-->"Calculate"-->"Automatic Calculation"). And/or use hotkey"Ctrl+F9" to recalculate your worksheet;
  • Update your Mathcad 14 to Mathcad 14 M035 or Mathcad 15 M030 version - this is the latest service release for MC14/15.

Pic_1.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

john nik wrote:

Hello there,

I really need your help. I am sure I wrote a good matrix and the formulas are not in red which means that the program accepts the variables and that the matrix is solvable. However, I get nothing when I try to solve it. Please find attached the picture:

It would probably be more useful to find the worksheet attached as well. 😉

One of the joys of debugging Mathcad from just pictures is that it is difficult to see certain typographical errors, such as a name subscript versus array index, or see what else may be interfering with a calculation.

Stuart

Sorry, that's a really better idea. Here is the worksheet:

Also, this error occurs in another similar worksheet, only with bigger matrix. I really don't know what's wrong..

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

This doesn't solve for you?

As soon as it opened:

attempt2.png

Omg. So there must be something wrong with my program. I can't believe this. I have been resolving it for hours

does it have anything to do with the split mathcad sheets?

I mean, maybe your program is modified differently?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

When I open your sheet in the current release of Mathcad 15 M030 I get a similar result as Fred.

Do you have autocalculation turned on?

Of course it may be a corrupt installation of the program but it could also be a bug which was already fixed in a later release. Which maintainance release of MC14 are you using?

You wrote that you got "nothing" - what exactly do you mean by that? Have you tried typing Ctrl-F9 (recalc worksheet)?

does it have anything to do with the split mathcad sheets?

??? What do you mean by split MC sheet??

I mean, maybe your program is modified differently?

???

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Your worksheet works fine in Mathcad 15 M030. Try to do the following:

• Enable automatic calculation ("Tools"-->"Calculate"-->"Automatic Calculation"). And/or use hotkey"Ctrl+F9" to recalculate your worksheet;
  • Update your Mathcad 14 to Mathcad 14 M035 or Mathcad 15 M030 version - this is the latest service release for MC14/15.

Pic_1.png

Top Tags