cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mathcad 14 error font symbol???

ptc-3219754
1-Newbie

Mathcad 14 error font symbol???

when I was trying to test it, all the symbols or operation (matrix, ":", ","..etc) comes out as weird symbols. I have attached the picture how they are showing. Symbol.ttf isn't corrupted!!! Could someone help me please. Thank you.
11 REPLIES 11
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-3219754)

How do you know symbol.ttf isn't corrupted? Also check that the Mathcad Unimath font is installed. Richard

Because I change 10 different fonts called Symbol.ttf, SYMBOL.TTF, symbol.ttf.... and the problem there is yet. I have MathCadUniMath.otf and MathcadUniMathItalic.otf installed
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

How did you change them? If you have a copy of symbol.ttf installed and try to install over it that may not work. You need to delete symbol.ttf from the fonts folder before reinstalling. You will know if it installs because it tells you. What do Greek characters look like? Richard

I deleted symbols.ttf and I installed it and nothing. Then I eliminated all directory "fonts" and I copied another virgin directory "fonts" from another laptop and nothing... I installed and reinstalled all and nothing... Greek characters I look very well
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

The Greek characters are taken from the symbol font (why I asked), so if they look OK then the symbol font is OK. Have you tried repairing the Mathcad installation? Richard

Mathcad installation is ok. At first it worked then, I "touch" any fonts because Adobe Illustrator request it and the mathcad KO. But I reinstalled all! Mathcad, font; font, mathcad....

I have a question: in which font is integral character? in symbol.ttf or in Times New Roman or in MathCadUniMath.otf or in MathcadUniMathItalic.otf? because in each of these there isn't
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

"Ivan Biban" wrote:

I have a question: in which font is integral character?

Mona? what font is it?

The integral is in the symbol font. But it is not a single character. Rather there is a character for the upper end, a character for the lower ane, and vertical bars are added as need for size.

Tom as most always is correct. Some of the characters such as integrals are drawn from pieces of symbol font. I have not heard of problems with math characters, after the symbol font has been reinstalled. Can you try reinstalling the symbol from the internet, or from another person who is running Mathcad successfully. It seems like you had the problem after you did something font-related with Adobe Illustrator, so perhaps you do need to reinstall the symbol font again. Mona
Top Tags