Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathcad 14 m020 Add-in for Excel

Re: Mathcad 15 Add-in for Excel

Yes - that works for the plots in Mathcad.

I just installed it as well; but when I go back to Excel and use insert object: it says that it cannot start the source application. The Mathcad object does show in the Excel add-ins 2007.

What Mathcad and Excel version are you using?

Mike

I'm using Excel 2007 and Mathcad 15.

I've also discovered that I can create and embed a plot manually - create a new Mathcad object using the provided macro, transfer data to the object, graph it, and have the graph display in Excel. The graph doesn't look as nice as when one uses the built-in add-in macro (it looks like a low-res faxed version), and I can't easitly rotate or edit it they way one can with the add-in plot. I have to select and open the object in Mathcad.

David,

Why on earth would you want to use a Mathcad plot within Excel?

Why not just take the data to Excel and use Excel's graphing capabilities or even better bring the data from Excel and use Mathcad???

Mike

Excel is ubiquitous. We have a lot of data in Excel, everyone in the office has and uses it, many other programs (like Mathcad) can talk to it, and much of our data is generated in Excel. Plus, to be fair, Excel is different than Mathcad and there are some problems that are simply better suited to a spreadsheet.

Excel's graphing capabilities, however, are limited - particularly when it comes to 3D data. It is very convenient to click that button on the macro bar and insert a Mathcad 3D scatter plot, for example.

Importing Excel data into Mathcad is a work-around but it's not nearly as convenient.

-dave

Dave,

Its a personnel choice and whatever works best for you. I haven't got M15, but have seen that it has some nice Read/Write Excel functions and is compatible with Excel 2007, unlike M14.

As I said above though...... What ever works best for you.

Cheers,

Mike

Mona - Ron here from the Mathsoft era...I just downloaded and installed the Mathcad Add-In for Excel and can't believe you guys never changed the password for opening the source code files!

Hi Ron,

Great to hear from you!

I hope you have better digs than when you camped out in Cambridge 😉

I was just told that you know the password, but not other users.

I don't know what it is. Can you email me directly with the information at -.

Best,

Mona

Mona

This excel add-in dosen't seem to like Excel 2010 or maybe its Windows 7 64 bit operating system but whatever the cause the installer refuses to run.

Regards, Mark Buckton

Announcements