Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathcad 14 m020 Add-in for Excel

Re: Mathcad 15 Add-in for Excel

Mark,

Mathcad 15 supports Excel 2007 and earlier versions of Excel, not Excel 2010.

Sorry,

Mona

I have Mathcad 15 installed, and the Excel Add-in works fine with Mathcad 15 and Excel 2007.

Cheers Mona.

Mike

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-149416-2532/bar_anim.gif

After installation and setting the Excel Tools::Add-ins::tick-MathCAD, then you can see the system information which says.

To use the Mathcad Add-in for Excel, you must have the following installed on your machine:

• Excel 2000 or higher
  • Mathcad 14 or higher

Notes:

If you are using Excel 2000, you must have Service Release 1 or higher. Go to Microsoft's Web site to obtain this service release.

If you are running multiple versions of Mathcad on your computer, make sure that Mathcad 14 is the active Mathcad application before installing the add-in.

To make Mathcad 14 the active Mathcad application, launch and then exit Mathcad 14.

Take heed of the notes.....

Philip

PS I haven't actually tested my download yet, but at least it started OK, and the help [?] icon worked!

Mona - does any version of MathCad support Excel 2010?

I was using M15 and Excel 2007 with the Excel Add-in. Since I upgraded to Excel 2010 those workbooks with MathCad don't work any more. My application was using VBA code to run several "cases" on a MathCAD sheet under scripted control, then create tabular summaries in Excel. I have a client using those workbooks with M14 and Excel 2003, so I'm not sure that using MathCad Prime would work for me. If the add-in source code is available, I might be interested in that.

My application was using VBA code to run several "cases" on a MathCAD sheet under scripted control, then create tabular summaries in Excel. ....... I'm not sure that using MathCad Prime would work for me.

The automaton interface is not yet available in Prime, so you cannot call it form a VBA program.

See Mona's comment above.

Mike

Is still true that the Excel Add-in will not work with Excel 2010? Are ther plans to fix this? Is there a similar thing for MathCad Prime 1?

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Mathcad 15 doesn't support Excel 2010, but I believe Mathcad Prime will have the capability.

Mike

Running windows XP professional, MathCad 15 and Excel 2007. Installed Excel add-in for MathCad 15, activated MathCad 15 but Excel says it is not activated and needs to be. Tried this several times re-installed Office and the add-in keep getting the same thing. Anyone have any help?

Hi, dear all.

My company has been looking for applying some calculations in Mathcad in order to make sure to have the correct units as input and a better presentation of the calculations. It didn´t work that well since everyone is used to Excel and we decided not to prolong our trial licence.

Now I´m reading abbout the Ecel add-in. Since I unfortunately can´t try it on my own, I´m interested in functions available and examples of use. How would those Ecel sheets work on computers which don´t have Mathcad intalled?

Looking forward to your answers,

Vukica

Announcements