cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mathcad 14 or Mathcad Prime 2.0?

ptc-4617884
1-Newbie

Mathcad 14 or Mathcad Prime 2.0?

I'm trying to use a program that is used in civil engineering to calculate post lengths for roadway signs. It runs on Mathcad 14. Does anyone know if it will run on Prime 2.0? Multi-Post 2001 Sign Program, v1.21, is a Mathcad 14 program that designs ground signs in accordance with the 5th Edition AASHTO Signs, Lights and Signals Specification.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can run a converter ("Mathcad Prime 2.0 XMCD, MCD Converter"), convert file and open the mcdx files created by the converter in Mathcad Prime 2.0. Unfortunately, right now I have access only to Prime 1.0. So, the attached document below converted for Prime 1.0 version and include some not supported calculation.

P.S. If you have any problems with the conversion, then check out this blog post ("Converting Your Worksheets to Mathcad Prime 2.0 in 3 Easy Steps"): http://blogs.ptc.com/2012/04/09/converting-your-worksheets-to-mathcad-prime-2-0-in-3-easy-steps/

Update: The worksheet for Prime 2.0 version is attached.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4617884)

It will depend what features the program uses. Can you upload the Mathcad worksheet?

Mike

Mike,

Please see my post below.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Lazy of me. I didn't even bother unzipping the file, just saw it wasn't a Marhcad sheet.

Mike

I installed this application (which is attached above) in a separate folder and then copied Mathcad worksheet from there. Can you convert this worksheet for Prime 2.0 version (I wonder whether there will be messages about unsupported features)?

You can run a converter ("Mathcad Prime 2.0 XMCD, MCD Converter"), convert file and open the mcdx files created by the converter in Mathcad Prime 2.0. Unfortunately, right now I have access only to Prime 1.0. So, the attached document below converted for Prime 1.0 version and include some not supported calculation.

P.S. If you have any problems with the conversion, then check out this blog post ("Converting Your Worksheets to Mathcad Prime 2.0 in 3 Easy Steps"): http://blogs.ptc.com/2012/04/09/converting-your-worksheets-to-mathcad-prime-2-0-in-3-easy-steps/

Update: The worksheet for Prime 2.0 version is attached.

Top Tags