cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Mathcad 14

JesseF
1-Newbie

Mathcad 14

In the past I was a very avid user of Mathcad, but it has now been quite a while since I've used it. I do not currently have a version of Mathcad installed on any of my machines, but I might be changing that. An opportunity presented itself to get back into using Mathcad in my professional career but I'm going to need to get a copy of Mathcad 14. The people I will be doing the Mathcad work for currently use 14 and are not interested in upgrading in the near future. I know that 14 is starting to get pretty old, but my question is whether it is still available and where to find it. Any specifics would really be helpful. Does PTC offer it directly or do you have to go elsewhere? And what about cost for this outdated version? I will need release M020 or later due to one very pesky bug I remember from the original release. Thanks for any help!

13 REPLIES 13

And what about Mathcad 15?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:JesseF)

Mathcad Prime 1.0 is currently avaiable, which comes with a full working version of Mathcad 15. However m,athcad Prime 2.0 is due to be released shoprtly and that is also being shipped with a free version of Mathcad 15.

You could download a 30 day trial of Mathcad and wait for the release of Mathcad Prime 2.0.

Mike

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hello!

I recommend to you use the latest stable version Mathcad 15 M010 (worksheets created in this version can be opened in Mathcad 14). You can download Mathcad 15.0 30-day free trial here: http://www.ptc.com/products/mathcad/mathcad-15-0/free-trial.htm . Anyway, if you want to install Mathcad 14 M020, then this version is available for download here: http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_downloads.htm

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Vladimir,

Do you agree that he should not purchase the software until Mathcad Prime 2.0 is released.

Mike

Of course. Just wait until the end of February .

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Get version 15. Files can be read by 14 and there will be negligiable backward compatibility issues (as long as you don't use the DOE functions, which were added in 15).

Whether you order Mathcad 15, you get a free copy of Mathcad Prime 1.0 and vice versa. Mathcad Prime 2.0 will be released in mid-February, with the same conditions.

Mona

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:mzeftel)

:Whether you order Mathcad 15, you get a free copy of Mathcad Prime 1.0 and vice versa. Mathcad Prime 2.0 will be released in mid-February, with the same conditions.

How stupid of me. I thought you only get a free copy of M15 when bought with Prime.

Mike

This proposal works both ways .

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-1286-11146/thumbsup.gif

Mike

No, it is not.

Notice they write MathWorks PTC, which are two separate companies.

Mona

Thank you

Top Tags