cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Mathcad 15.0 format painter for plots

mkarbassian
1-Newbie

Mathcad 15.0 format painter for plots

Is there a way to copy the plot properties from one plot to another like the format painter function in MSWord?

I have a ton of plots on numerous sheets, each with multiple traces that need to have certain color scheme, trace thickness, etc. duplicated on all of them.

This is too cumbersome. Hopefully this can become a standard function in Mathcad (15 or Prime).

Another cool feature would be a direct link provided on the help menu for "feature search/request" that would let the user browse through the existing feature requests and add a new one if was not already there.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

Mason Karbassian написал(а):

Is there a way to copy the plot properties from one plot to another like the format painter function in MSWord?

I copy the plot and edit it!

Wish you had read my question one more time before answering. The idea is to avoid exactly what you're suggesting.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:mkarbassian)

There is no format painter. The work-around is as suggested by Valery.

I think your feature request for browsing and adding feature requests will probably be put on the pile of existing feature requests and still lacking features for Prime w.r.t. Mathcad (Hardly/no new features are added to Mathcad 15) and will find its way to implementation as swiftly as the rest of that pile.

It's like putting the stack pointer on the stack...and only there.

Luc

You're the one here that knows what he's talking about. Thanks for your realism.

Valery is right. Copying a plot in Mathcad 15 copies all formatting and settings. Just delete the x & y axis parameter lists and add (or cut-and-paste) your own.

Tip: To copy a plot from Mathcad 15 to MS Word, paste it in MS PowerPoint as a windows metafile then copy that to Word as an enhanced metafile.

Ralph

Thanks for the basic instruction but please note that the power user is trying to avoid exactly what you are suggesting to save precious time on a large project.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mkarbassian)

In Mathcad 15, create a blank plot with all the line settings, etc, that you want. Save that as a Mathcad XML template (if you overwrite Normal.xmct it will be the default for a new worksheet). All the settings are saved with the template, including the plot size, and a new plot will default to those settings. The plot can even be deleted from the template, but I'm not sure if you have to save it once first with the plot to get the plot settings to stick.

I don't think this works in Prime.

Thanks for the instructions but that's for "new" plots only. I'm asking about existing ones that need to be formatted uniformly and quickly.

Unlike EXCEL, there is no "paste special/formats"

Thanks Fred. I am aware of that. That's why this is basically a feature request. The support team just wanted to close my ticket asap regardless of it getting anywhere.

Top Tags