cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mathcad 15 Animation (2D) - nothing happens when I click the "animate" button.

efowler
1-Newbie

Mathcad 15 Animation (2D) - nothing happens when I click the "animate" button.

This is an enterprise installation.  The animation worked when I was running Windows XP.  Upgraded to Windows 7.  Using the same file where animation worked with an earlier version on WinXP now nothing happens.  Suggestions?  Coincidentally, the 3D contour plot also stopped working.  No errors in each case...just nothing.

10 REPLIES 10
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:efowler)

Upgrade to the latest release, M045: Download PTC Mathcad 15.0 Free | PTC

Thank you Richard.  I'll have to check with our IT/SW managers before trying the update...to easy to crater something with enterprise installations

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Version M010 has always had problems with Win 7 and later. 3D plots is a known problem, but animations may be another one. M045 has been out for while now, seems stable, and is compatible with later version operating systems.

The only situation where I get no reaction upon pressing the "animate" button is, when I forgot to fence the area I want to see in the animation.

When Mathcad does not show 3D-plots it may help to turn off the border.

Which release of MC15 are you using?

Thanks Werner.
I fence everything and my FRAME range is reasonably small (less than 100).

I don't have borders on my 3D plots.

My release is M010_20110622

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Right click on the plot and uncheck "Border", which is on by default.

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

I fence everything

Please verify that you draw the fence after opening the animation tool.  I rarely use animation, so I always have a tendency to select the math regions before opening the animation tool (and then taking a minute to realize why it's not working).

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

Probably not very helpful to you, but I thought I'd mention I have MC15_M010_20110622 running on Windows 7.  I am able to use the Animation tool, and 3D plots work for me when I turn off borders.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:MJG)

There's a whole thread on the 3D plot issue here: Re: blank 3d plot. The best solution is to right click on mathcad.exe, and select "Properties". On the compatibility tab check "Disable Desktop Composition". Maybe this will also fix the animation problem.

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:RichardJ)

"Best" is subjective.  I rarely use 3D plots, and I dislike the display differences when desktop composition is disabled, so I prefer to just turn off the 3D plot border.

Top Tags