cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

(Mathcad 15) How to insert button to calculate worksheet

Johnruehlz
7-Bedrock

(Mathcad 15) How to insert button to calculate worksheet

Hi all!

I'm finishing up my newest Mathcad but, I know longer want to use Mathcad's automatic calculation, I would much rather calculate the entire worksheet at one time at the top of the sheet (due to it's size) I'm hoping someone can explain how I could use a push button to achieve this? See the files I have attached (I've included what I'm sorta looking for on top).

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

8 REPLIES 8

Ctrl+F9

Ctrl F9 doesn't work on my computer since its bound to a hardware shortcut.. Any way to fix this?

Ctrl-F9.png

Using the menu should work

B.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Johnruehlz)

A "hardware shortcut"... are you sure it's hardware ?
What happens when you press it?
Luc
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Johnruehlz)

See Valery's answer above.

It means: You don't need (to place) a special button on your worksheet. The 'button' exists in the Mathcad application: just press [Ctrl-F9], or choose that option fom the menu: Tools>Caluclate>Calculate worksheet.

Note that this is more convenient than a button at the top of your sheet: you don't need to navigate (back) to the top to find a button to calculate the entire worksheet. Just press [Ctrl-F9] when the sheet is active/open in Mathcad.

All you need to do is to switch OFF automatic calculation, and save the worksheet with that setting.

Success!
Luc

As was already said Ctrl-F9 does the job quick and easy.

If for some reason you still would like a button, maybe the attached worksheet helps. Unfortunately I don't know how to make it work without having to press Ctrl-F9 at least once after loading the sheet.

BTW, I can't extract the mathcad file from your archive.

Please find example in this topic (and in attachment too): https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/Calculate-Now-F9-Button/td-p/196005

Top Tags