cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Mathcad 15 M050 - C++ and .NET

qm
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Mathcad 15 M050 - C++ and .NET

I heard that Mathcad 15 M050 will be updated with newest C++ and .NET.

Is it true?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:qm)

Mathcad 15 M050 is supposed to provide Windows 10 support, so I have to assume it will use the latest support libraries.  In fact, I'm counting on it.

The "gain", for corporate users, is that it will (should) run on dynamic libraries (the C++ Redistributable DLL, .NET, et. al.) that are actually under support by Microsoft.  Running on top of those old versions is causing headaches for corporate environments as we move forward.  This will ensure that Mathcad 15 will keep on running under Windows 10 and future environments for the near future without conflict with other software applications.  That's a HUGE gain.  As it is, M045 is entirely usable on Windows 10, but has some odd behavior when selecting graph arguments, etc.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

What do you mean by newest C++, and what do you think it would do for/with Mathcad that C++ it isn't already doing with Mathcad 15, 14, 13, 12 and 11?
qm
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio.

In 15 M045 it's v2008.

I heard that for 15 M050 will be updated to a newer version (2013, 2015).

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Still, it is not clear to me what you think might be your gain...

C++ and/or .Net may be the programming language(s) used to program the application. As a user of the application (as I assume you are) it should not matter to you what language the application is programmed in.

Luc

qm
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

The question was "anyone knows something" and not "what is the gain".

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite

Mathcad 15 M050 is supposed to provide Windows 10 support, so I have to assume it will use the latest support libraries.  In fact, I'm counting on it.

The "gain", for corporate users, is that it will (should) run on dynamic libraries (the C++ Redistributable DLL, .NET, et. al.) that are actually under support by Microsoft.  Running on top of those old versions is causing headaches for corporate environments as we move forward.  This will ensure that Mathcad 15 will keep on running under Windows 10 and future environments for the near future without conflict with other software applications.  That's a HUGE gain.  As it is, M045 is entirely usable on Windows 10, but has some odd behavior when selecting graph arguments, etc.

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite

Looks like M050 was released recently (in the last couple of days).  I've downloaded it, but have not investigated yet.  As I'll be running it on Windows 10 at home and Windows 7/10 at work, I'll report back on what's actually changed as far as dependency on external libraries.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:JeffH1)
Top Tags