cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Mathcad 15 - Preferred units in results?

wiyosaya
1-Newbie

Mathcad 15 - Preferred units in results?

I am using Mathcad 15 for a course in Quantum Chemistry. Is there a way to set default units so that they match those commonly accepted in the dicipline?

For instance, when I calculate wavenumber, my result is in m^-1 rather than the commonly accepted cm^-1, and frequency is in s^-1 rather than Hz.

Thanks.

Best Regads,

Matthew

3 REPLIES 3

Try please Tools/Worksheet options/Units/Custum

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:wiyosaya)

Further to Valerys post, which is correct.

Follow his instructions and select the custom option. Double click length which is found in the top box (base dimensions) and change meter to centimeter. For frequency, click the insert button on the derived unit box and choose frequency and then select your desired unit, Hz.

Mike

Thank you both for the replies. Indeed, the instructions got me most of the way to the answer. They produce "properly formatted" results that display frequency as Hz. To get the "accepted" display format for wavenumber, i.e., cm^-1, I needed to turn off "Format Units" as a global "Format Result" option.

Thanks once again.

Best Regards,

Matthew

Top Tags