cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Mathcad 15 Will Not Install On Win7

bcarpenter
1-Newbie

Mathcad 15 Will Not Install On Win7

I have installed Mathcad 15 on many Win7 64bit machines before with no problems. We just got 4 new computers and the install bombs out at 50% with "tabler.ocx failed to register HRESULT -2147010895". I am out of ideas any body know what to try next.

5 REPLIES 5

Hello!

Bryan Carpenter wrote:

I have installed Mathcad 15 on many Win7 64bit machines before with no problems. We just got 4 new computers...

New computers are different from previous on which has been installed Mathcad 15?

Hi

Thank you for responding.

The old computers are: Hp Compaq Elite 8000 with Intel core 2 Vpro CPU.

The new computers are: Hp Compaq Elite 8200 with Intel core i 5 Vpro CPU.

Both are running Win7.

Hope this helps.

So, when you install Mathcad 15 you have Administrator privileges and disable UAC in Windows 7?

P.S. When you install Mathcad, the installation program writes by the default installation log "ptcsetup.log" (in Win Vista it is in a directory "My documents"). Try to find this file ("ptcsetup.log") using Windows Search and to attach it to the message.

I got it, got real bold and just kept hitting "ignore" (about 20 times) until the installation completed.

Mathcad came up ok, but kept getting "internal" errors. I opened up "Programs" in "Control Panel" clicked

on Mathcad and selected "Repair", the process completed with out error, now Mathcad works fine.

I still have no idea what caused this in the first place. Looked at "ptcsetup.log" didn't tell me any thing I did not already know.

Thanks again for responding.

For the future, try to install it first "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package" which can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638

Top Tags