cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Mathcad 15 crash

jhan
1-Newbie

Mathcad 15 crash

Hi,

I've just upgraded Mathcad from version 14 to 15 on a number a users in our company. After this upgrade a couple of problems have appeared which is really starting to irritate. One error message, "pure vital function call' R6025 (Runtime error)" appear quite often and results in a program crash. Anyone have any idea about what is wrong?

Also sometimes when Mathcad is doing nothing in the background it totally freaks out and just starts to eat through the memory until it crashes. Does anyone else experience this. It's running on Windows 7.

3 REPLIES 3
Efried
1-Newbie
(To:jhan)

Sorry I did not manage to upgrade so far but what I'm experiencing with Mathcad 14 is even worse. It does not allow me to save my work anymore.

- GDI+ error

- out of memory

- could not save

I lost time and have to say that PTC is driving Mathcad against the wall, may be therefore a new name was created for the new release...

Gerfried

mzeftel
1-Newbie
(To:Efried)

You can try doing these things, which may cure your crash problems:

1. Make sure you've installed all the prerequisites, such as MSXML, check in control panel > Add/Remove Programs. If it is missing, install the prerequisite by running the file "msxml.msi" located in the "Prereq" folder.

2. Run a repair of Mathcad from the control panel.

3. Reduce hardware acceleration #Settings > #Advanced > #Troubleshoot from 'Display Properties' dialog.

4. The Mathcad local assembly cache may be corrupted. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Mathsoft\Mathcad and delete the folder named after your version. It is safe to delete that folder since launching Mathcad will result in the creation of a fresh copy of that folder. Next, launch Mathcad again.

I hope one of these solutions works for you both.

Mona

Efried
1-Newbie
(To:mzeftel)

Thats a good service indeed- I will give feedback if it helped to loose less work- as far it runs (without reallly working in the sheet) after deleting the folder mentioned.

MSXML 4.0 SP2 KB973688 is ok?

Hardware acceleration is to be found in Mathcad or windows (Aero)?

thanks

best regards

Gerfried

Top Tags