cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mathcad 15 installation error MDAC 2.6 SP2

NeilNorton
1-Newbie

Mathcad 15 installation error MDAC 2.6 SP2

"MDAC 2.6 SP2 contains a set of helper classes used by Mathcad to support data access components. This exact version of MDAC is required. You may not use a later version. Nonetheless, like .NET, multiple versions of MDAC may coexist on your system."

I have MDAC 2.8 currently installed our systems at work and it cannot be removed because of other programs that require it. Is there a way to work around this?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

My understanding is that you can have multiple versions of MCAC installed, so you don't have to remove later versions, you just have to make sure you also have the 2.6 SP2 version as well.

Is Mathcad 15 not running for you?

Mona

The installer that loads when you put the cd in would not let me continue with the installation of Mathcad because of this error. This was on the second screen when you chose to either install the license server or mathcad. I have MDAC 2.6 SP2 installed and it still wouldn't allow me to install Mathcad. What I finally did was simply open up the cd and browsed to the mathcad folder, opened it, and installed it directly from the subfolder instead of the installation wizard. I'm just waiting on IT to get our license server up to confirm that it works. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Neil

I am having the same problem installing Mathcad 15 on a Windows 7 32 bit machine. I do not have the CD since I did the electronic download. The installer stops once it realizes that I do not have MDAC 2.6 SP2. Windows 7 will not let me install MDAC 2.6 SP2. It sounds like one solution is hacking the registry? Is that the only solution???

do you get this while trying to install mathcad? I had a similar error and I solved it with a registry hack (via the helpdesk). I do not remember the exact key but it's an hack that also works for v14.

johan

The proposed solution is to edit the registry.

TPI 150023:

During Installation, Mathcad is checking version information from Windows registry at location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\DataAccess\\Version. Editing the Windows registry (Run > “regedit”) for the "Version" by modifying "Value Data" to "2.81.1132.0" will resolve this problem.
TPI 150037
This issue may arise if the MDAC installer has not updated the version information in the registry correctly.The installer checks MDAC version information from the following registry location ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DataAccess\Version’

Modify the value for Version (corresponding to DataAccess) to 2.81.1132.0 in the Registry Editor. DataAccess key can be found under #HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE #SOFTWARE #Microsoft # DataAccess.

***WARNING: PTC will not be responsible for damage done to a computer by incorrectly editing the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may necessitate a re-installation of the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

For information about how to edit the registry, view the "Changing Keys And Values" Help topic in Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) or the "Add and Delete Information in the Registry" and "Edit Registry Data" Help topics in Regedt32.exe. Note that you should back up the registry before you edit it and also create an Emergency Repair Disk

The registry fix above works great! Thank you!!

Just follow the instructions...........

Top Tags