cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mathcad 15 will not open after install

Nckg
1-Newbie

Mathcad 15 will not open after install

I just installed a student version of Mathcad 15 and I can't get it to open. The install seemed to go fine and it accepted the license and all. I did a "typical" install. I had tried to install matchcad 14 on here after upgrading to Windows 7 but it told me I had used my license on too many computers. I'm assuming it still thinks i'm using it with my old operating system. Anyway, it had to uninstall that part of mathcad 14 if that helps anyone. When I try to open the program (from anywhere), it does nothing. In task manager I can watch it come up briefly in processes then dissapear. However it never shows an error message about being able to open unless I try to directly open a mathcad document. Another thing I noticed is that my desktop icons refresh often. I have tried running the program as administrator, running it in compatibility mode for xp, reinstalling, and restarting. I just don't know what else to try.

9 REPLIES 9
IRstuff
3-Visitor
(To:Nckg)

If you go to http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/mathcad_logger/options.jsp, you can get a new license file for your M14

Eden is correct. Someone should get back to you shortly. If you still have problems, contact technical support directly. The price of Mathcad 15 includes a year of technical support and maintenance.

I just noticed that I posted a PDF with instructions for installing the student edition of Mathcad 15. Search for "Mathcad 15 student edition" to find it.

Mona

Nckg
1-Newbie

When I tried to log a call with my product code it told me that the code was invalid. I know the code was right, but I'm guessing ptc hasn't updated their acceptable codes for mathcad 15. The reason I say this is because when you go to the license section it asks you to choose either mathcad 14 or a previous version. Mathcad 15 was not a choice. I ended up calling technical support again and got someone to manually log a call for me. Once the guy called back it turned out to be a registry error for msxml 4. I had to open command prompt as administrator and type something, then it was good to go.

mzeftel
1-Newbie

I'm glad you're all set now. The licenses work for Mathcad 15, someone just didn't update the page to include Mathcad 15.

Mona

Do you remember what you had to type? I have the same problem now. I will really appreaciate it if you can help me.

Thanks.

First make sure you have msxml 4. A friend of mine didn't have this and installing it fixed his problem (he had the same symptoms as mine). Go to where you add or remove progams from the control panel and see if there is a program called msxml 4 SP2. If not try downloading the second download on this site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42 . For me, the program showed up in my list, but it didn't do something right in the registry when installing. To fix this run the Command Prompt as Administrator and follow the steps in the answer to this question: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7repair/thread/6ddd9070-cc32-4d6b-9202-7516ebce9a9e . After I did this mathcad magically worked, but if it's a problem other than this then I don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure what I actually typed was: regsvr32.exe msxml4.dll , but try the instructions on the site first.

mzeftel
1-Newbie

Log your install and licensing issues at http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/mathcad_logger/options.jsp. Someone should be able to help you.

Mona

I have the Student version (M0000) of Mathcad15. When I first installed it on my Windows 7 machine, it worked. It has been a few months since running the program but when I tried launching Matchcad 15 it would not load. It looked like it was loading, but then just stopped. I tried uninstalling the it and reinstalling it, but it still will not load. During install I did not have any problem getting a license from the license server, so I don't think that is the problem. I have been searching to see if I anyone else has had this problem, but haven't found any yet. I checked to see which version of msxml is on the machine. It is msxml 4.0 SP3. Hoping somebody can help.

Thanks

David

Just downloaded and reinstalled msxml 4.0 SP3 again. Mathcad 15 is working now.

David

Top Tags