cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mathcad 3.0 hiding keywords

ptc-6821878
1-Newbie

Mathcad 3.0 hiding keywords

Hello,

Does anyone know how to hide keywords in Mathcad 3.0, for example : explicit ? And how to get the result of the equation ? Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry.

It is impossible in Prime

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Sorry.

It is impossible in Prime

So the only option is to work on older version of mathcad for this to work ?

Noemi Majewska wrote:

So the only option is to work on older version of mathcad for this to work ?

Yes, older, but faster, more comfortable und much more powerful.

Thanks for help, just start to download Mathcad 15

Noemi Majewska wrote:

Thanks for help, just start to download Mathcad 15

But if you are new to Mathcad you should keep in mind that Mathcad 15 is sort of a dead end. Unfortunately the future is Prime 😞

Yes, I can confirm that now even after looking at the design, but anyway I have more problems with editing in Mathcad. I'm doing my engineering work and I wanted to do it in this program, but I feel that it may be too risky. I think I will stay with the proven MS Word.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-6821878)

What do you mean by "too risky"? How will you do calculations in MS Word? By hand? In Excel? Either way, the risk of making a mistake is an order of magnitude greater than if you use Mathcad, even Prime 3.0.

I agree with Richard.

Mathcad has never had the formatting and organizing capacity for formal engineering report writing, even though PTC has been trying to convince us that Prime can; you need a "full up" word processor like MS Word.

But the ability to create a document that contains the live calculations and can be read and understood without having to understand a programming language is a fantastic feature. (Even if I have to copy/paste into Word for formal reports.)

The first time Mathcad adds units that you didn't think should be there to your calculated answer (because the unit balance in your formula is wrong) will justify its' use.

Mathcad is the right place for your "engineering work," (IMHO)--word processors are for the formal reports.

Noemi Majewska wrote:

Yes, I can confirm that now even after looking at the design, but anyway I have more problems with editing in Mathcad. I'm doing my engineering work and I wanted to do it in this program, but I feel that it may be too risky. I think I will stay with the proven MS Word.

Hmm, maybe you were just looking for an equation editor. Then Word might be an appropriate choice.

But for doing engineering work, Word definitely is no option at all. Engineering work would require calculations which Word can't do.

I need Mathcad equations, but it's hard to connect text editing work and calculations in one as I would like to. That's why I probably have to separate it. Of course, I agree that Mathcad is a great tool for calculations, but often raises many problems in editing.

Noemi Majewska wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know how to hide keywords in Mathcad 3.0

I know only one symbol which we can hide in Prime:

5cm.png

Do you know more?

Top Tags