cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mathcad Automation API

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

Mathcad Automation API

In the Mathcad 15 vs Prime comparison chart (http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/121440/en/6017_Mathcad_Comparison_TS_EN.PDF), I see that "Use OLE Automation and Visual Basic® to call Mathcad" is not available in Mathcad Prime 1.0. My utilization of Mathcad relies heavily on my ability to import values from Mathcad into VBA. Does anyone know if/when this will be available with Prime?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:MJG)

Hello!

Well, the possibility of "Automation API" are also not included in a future release Mathcad Prime 2.0 (release is scheduled for Q1 2012). You can see the Roadmap for Mathcad Prime in the attached file. Why do not you use for your purposes Mathcad 15?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Vladimir,

Mona recently indicated that the roadmap is only a 'snapshot in time', so the features might not actually be implemented in that order.

Mike

Thanks for the information. We will certainly use 15 until this becomes available with Prime. I'm just disappointed because I wont be able to use Prime yet.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

A little hint - try and familiarize yourself with Prime and use M15 for the time being as it is the future of Mathcad and seems the route PTC are going down.

Mike

I'd love to, but I doubt I'll have the time to play around in Prime. 99% of my Mathcad files get imported into a proprietary program we use, therefore, they'll need to be v15. On the rare occastion that I use Mathcad to run calculations which don't need uploaded, I'll try Prime.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Work always gets in the way of fun

Mike

Top Tags