cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Mathcad Automation with VB

Raaj
1-Newbie

Mathcad Automation with VB

Hi,

I am developing a front end screen for my Mathcad inputs using VB .NET and I am sucessfull in sending inputs to mathcad file and getting outputs out of the mathcad file and display them in my front end screen.

My VB program is working fine to run only one mathcad file, but when I tried to extend my VB program to run two Mathcad files (new inputs to the new mathcad file) at the same time I am getting errors in the VB program.

When I am defining the second Mathcad file with input and output variables in the VB program it is giving the following error

" Cannot Create Active X Component"

Can anyone help me how to define the second Mathcad file in the VB program.

Thanks,

Raj

7 REPLIES 7
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Raaj)

Are you trying to create a second Mathcad object? You should just use the Mathcad object you created for the first workaheet, and open another worksheet.

Raaj
1-Newbie
(To:RichardJ)

Hi Richard,

I tried your way and it worked.

Thanks for the tip.

I have another question.

I am giving inputs in my frontend screen and getting outputs and everything is working fine, but I am planning to add another feature to it, on the menu bar I have a drop down menu (MathCAD file) under that there are two options MathCAD Visible and Not Visible.

If I choose "Visible" and type-in all my inputs and run the program then it should automatically open my mathcad files which are linked to this VB program.

I know this is possible but I am not sure how to do it. Is there anything that you can help with.

Please let me know if this is not clear I can explain you more.

Thanks.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

You should just ba able to set the Visible property of the Mathcad object. Doesn't that work?

Raaj
1-Newbie

Hi Richard, it worked fine...

Thanks

Raaj
1-Newbie

Hi Richard,

Outputs of my VB program is summarized on a VB form and I want the user to be able to save the form to a file, similar to the way you can save a Word or Excel Document. I can get a Save Dialog Box to appear, but don't know the code to use to save the form, and can't find the answer in books or in the Help menu. Any help I can get will be appreciated.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I don't know how you would save a form in VB. I'm not sure that's possible. You can save the data on the form by just writing it out to a text file though. Is that not good enough? Either that, or you could create an Excel object, write the data to an Excel spreadhseet, and then save the spreadsheet.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Can you post the worksheet?

Mike

Top Tags