cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Mathcad Embed. 'AutoCAD' object is being opened in 'TrueView'? Help?

klemensk
1-Newbie

Mathcad Embed. 'AutoCAD' object is being opened in 'TrueView'? Help?

I have some coworkers who are unable to open an autocad object in Mathcad; we typically copy and paste autocad drawings into the mathcad file itself (Mathcad 15); but when one goes to open/edit the drawing, mathcad treats it as a 'readonly' trueview file.

Is there a way to force Mathcad to open objects w/ autocad?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

You may need to change the file association for DXF and DWG format with Autocad (but not with TrueView application).

Alas, no.

I have trueview as my default application; mathcad does not reconigze it as the application to open the embedded object drawings with.

My coworker tried to change the default application; but windows refuses to change the default application from DWG_Laucher to AutoCAD.

I also have a user with this same issue. He is using Windows 10 build 1703 and I went through his default apps and they all seem to point to AutoCAD for the appropriate files but yet the embedded drawings in MathCAD still kick off TrueView instead. I am thinking that the issue is in classes but I was wondering if anyone in this support thread had had any success in fixing this issue?

Thanks,

MesaAdmin

You can use the "Case Logger" tool on PTC's site to open technical support case, here: https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log

bphilp
4-Participant
(To:klemensk)

I had this problem with Mathcad 15 and never found a solution. I've now made the jump to Mathcad Prime 6 and was managing fine until I installed TrueView on my machine to convert Autocad revisions. Now I'm a few years down the line, back in the same position. Disappointing PTC.

Has anyone experienced this problem of late and found a solution?

MC_9745397
4-Participant
(To:klemensk)

Thanks for the information 

Thanks for the information 

Top Tags