cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mathcad Express Problem

ptc-5325312
1-Newbie

Mathcad Express Problem

I am using Mathcad Express Prime 3.0 however some of my calculation blocks are greyed out and are not evaluating. This happened after I changed some variable names. Does anyone have a solution As nobody else uses Mathcad in my office?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In your sheet "automatic calculation" is turned off. So every time you change a variable, all expressions depending on that variable are greyed out (the old results aren't valid anymore) until the worksheet is recalculated (crtl-F9). You can turn on autocalc again at the calc ribbon, leftmost button.

EDIT: I just noticed that F9 or ctrl-F9 to recalculate a region or the whole sheet don't work in Prime if autocalculation is turned off. This does not make much sense. IMHO its abug or at least a failure in design.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hard to say w/o anything to look at.

Maybe you attach one of the sheets which shows this behaviour, so we can see what you do.

Generally regions are greyed out

• during (re)calculation
  • in Express if they contain "premium" features like programs or solve blocks
  • if you disabled it yourself

Muhammad Aminu wrote:

... some of my calculation blocks are greyed out and are not evaluating. This happened after I changed some variable names...

Please attach your worksheet.

Thanks all for the response. Please see attached worksheet. The problem starts from the end of the first page.

In your sheet "automatic calculation" is turned off. So every time you change a variable, all expressions depending on that variable are greyed out (the old results aren't valid anymore) until the worksheet is recalculated (crtl-F9). You can turn on autocalc again at the calc ribbon, leftmost button.

EDIT: I just noticed that F9 or ctrl-F9 to recalculate a region or the whole sheet don't work in Prime if autocalculation is turned off. This does not make much sense. IMHO its abug or at least a failure in design.

Thanks. It is working now.

Top Tags