cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mathcad Express-Windows 8 RP

DonWood
1-Newbie

Mathcad Express-Windows 8 RP

Trying to Install Mathcad Express in Windows 8 RP. So first I try the Mathcad 15 trial, but installation tells me I am running XP without SP2. and aborts.

Is there some way round this problem, I realise W8 RP is not fully developed but I need to have access to a lot of programes in Mathcad13, which I run on Windows 7. My laptop which I can dual boot for 7 or 8 is getting a bit long in the tooth and is due for replacement but I have delayed replacement because I wanted to keep use of Mathcad files, I am retired but act as consultant for my old company, but cannot jutify expense of Prime for occasional use.

I was hoping Mathcad Express would allow me to run my old files on a new machine, but thought I would try it first.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Vladimr , but it wont be neccessary as I have installed it now.

During my many attempts I had scattered a number of folders on the desk top, which I decided to tidy into a PTC folder, while doing this I found a Mathcad folder I had missed and that had the .msi file which worked.

I had previosly been trying from the PTC set up folder.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:DonWood)

Hello,

Try to use the virtual machine emulation on Windows 8.

From what I nderstand Hyper V is only available on 64 bit machines, as I said mine is an old laptop 32 bit.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Try "VMware": http://www.vmware.com/

Thanks Vladimr , but it wont be neccessary as I have installed it now.

During my many attempts I had scattered a number of folders on the desk top, which I decided to tidy into a PTC folder, while doing this I found a Mathcad folder I had missed and that had the .msi file which worked.

I had previosly been trying from the PTC set up folder.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

I'm glad you solved this problem.

By the way, the .msi file is located at D:mathcad/Mathcad15WixInstaller.msi

For those of us that didn't understand what Don meant.

Top Tags