cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mathcad Express filter for Prime 2.0

vroberts
6-Contributor

Mathcad Express filter for Prime 2.0

I have a license for Mathcad Prime 2.0 and would like to make some worksheets that can be used by pepole who are using Mathcad Express, the limited sub-set of Prime 2.0. Since I have the full Prime license I cannot also run Express. Is there some way I can set Prime 2.0 to warn me if I use functions that are not included in Express?

3 REPLIES 3

Do you have a single user license which is bound to your MAC address or do you use a flexlm server?

In any case, I think, you can go to Matchcad option, chose the license tab and guide Mathcad to a dummy license file and click apply. You will see an error as of the license being invalid and Prime will be in crippled express mode. Any file will do, but it does not work if you just type the name of a nonexisting file.

To switch back guide Prime to the real license file and apply.

If you are running off a flexlm server I guess putting in a bogus server or port number might do the job as well.

I just tried and yes, it worked, too. But don't forget to save the location of the license file somewhere so you can paste it in the appropriate field later.

vroberts
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you. This will certainly work, but it is still a bit of a kludge. It would be very nice to have a switch right in Prime.

VICTOR ROBERTS wrote:

Thank you. This will certainly work, but it is still a bit of a kludge. It would be very nice to have a switch right in Prime.

Agreed on, but I don't think we can expect that kind of switch in the near or distant future.

Top Tags