cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Mathcad Help: C:\content\qsheet.hbk

DavidGillooly
1-Newbie

Mathcad Help: C:\content\qsheet.hbk

When I try to access Help from Mathcad 14 (I just got it) I get the error: "The path to you resource center c:\contents\qsheet.hbk, is incorrect. Run the installation of the resource center and Help to correct this problem." I found the Mathcad 14.0 M020 Help setup program. It said installation was completed. This did not fix the problem. All the options under the HELP menu have the same error. Any ideas how to correct this?
3 REPLIES 3

I had the same problem on two PC's:

1) a fresh installation of MathCAD 14 onto XP Pro 64Bit - running the help setup fixed it.

2) an installation onto a Vista Business SP2 PC - this time running the help setup didn't fix it.

In fact, on the the Vista PC there is no c:\Program Files\Mathcad\Mathcad 14\qsheet\ directory at all!

Does anybody review these forums because the original question has been sat in here for months.

Simon Douglas wrote:

Does anybody review these forums because the original question has been sat in here for months.

Read the snippet at the top of the page: A community for PTC customers and everyone dedicated to product development excellence

This is primarily a place for PTC customers to pose questions to other PTC customers. I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to determine the conclusion from the second part of the quote.

In most cases, the Resource Center and other stuff should install with the program. Often, that fails.

>> You can try to reinstall.

>> You can copy all the relevant material directly from the installation disk and correct the entries in the Windows registry that refer to the quicksheets. Obviously, there's a level of risk here.

OK, I copied the help files from a different PC over to the non-working PC and now it works. Very odd installation behaviour though.

Top Tags