cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mathcad Ideas - Split Screen

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Mathcad Ideas - Split Screen

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Ideas/Split-screen/idi-p/656081

The above link leads to a Mathcad Idea that suggests having split-screen working.  This is something that I've wanted to see in Mathcad for some time (over 13 years, in fact), the lack of which is proving a real nuisance at the moment.  Could some kind, support-paying souls please offer their support for this idea?  Thanks,

Stuart

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/New-Feature-requests/m-p/356451#M139515

(I've got a much bigger list, in case anyone's not interested ...)

5 REPLIES 5
Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite
(To:StuartBruff)

DId you know you can launch one than one instance of Prime at a time? You can load one file in one and then review copy/cut/paste etc into a file for the other.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Derbigdog)

Yes, that is a useful facility when copying/pasting between worksheets.

However, my main use case is working on two different areas of the same sheet, ie change a function near the top and then look down the worksheet to see if the change is having the desired effect, or just having a function's definition in view when I'm trying to work out why some dependent function isn't behaving as I told it to!!! 😉

Unfortunately, in cases like these, multiple instances of Prime don't seem to help. AFAICT, if the same worksheet is open in two instances of Prime, changes to one don't reflect into the other.

Cheers,

Stuart
Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite

Understood. With Mathcad 15 you can put in hyperlinks that allow you to jump back and forth, but still not the flexibility of of real Split Screen.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

Using grobal = is a small answer. Werner_E20190211 can view the effect of parameters at the end of the sheet page 2.

image.png  

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:ttokoro)

Yes, global is helpful in some instances. Unfortunately, most of my use cases would either make it difficult to use global values or don't address the problem.

Global definitions have suffered somewhat since Prime made it impossible to globally define the same name multiple times.

A split-screen / multiple window solution is probably the only one of general utility.

Cheers,

Stuart
Top Tags