cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Mathcad, Matlab, Maple, Mathematica..

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Mathcad, Matlab, Maple, Mathematica..

Николай Гоголь "Женитьба"

Агафья Тихоновна выбирает жениха:

Право, такое затруднение — выбор! Если бы еще один, два человека, а то четыре. Как хочешь, так и выбирай. Никанор Иванович недурен, хотя, конечно, худощав; Иван Кузьмич тоже недурен. Да если сказать правду, Иван Павлович тоже хоть и толст, а ведь очень видный мужчина. Прошу покорно, как тут быть? Балтазар Балтазарович опять мужчина с достоинствами. Уж как трудно решиться, так просто рассказать нельзя, как трудно! Если бы губы Никанора Ивановича да приставить к носу Ивана Кузьмича, да взять сколько-нибудь развязности, какая у Балтазара Балтазарыча, да, пожалуй, прибавить к этому еще дородности Ивана Павловича — я бы тогда тотчас же решилась. А теперь поди подумай! просто голова даже стала болеть.

Валерий Очков выбирает математическую программу:

Право, такое затруднение — выбор! Если бы еще один, два математических пакета, а то четыре. Как хочешь, так и выбирай. Mathcad недурен, хотя, конечно, слабоват; Matlab тоже недурен. Да если сказать правду, Maple хоть и сложен, а ведь очень видный пакет. Прошу покорно, как тут быть? Mathematica опять пакет с достоинствами. Уж как трудно решиться, так просто рассказать нельзя, как трудно! Если бы доступность Mathcad да приставить к символьной математике пакета Maple, да взять сколько-нибудь численных методов пакета Mathlab, да, пожалуй, прибавить к этому еще сетевых свойств пакета Mathematica — я бы тогда тотчас же решился. А теперь поди подумай! просто голова даже стала болеть.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mnori
12-Amethyst
(To:ValeryOchkov)

Each package, though different, has such wide capabilities, that I think it takes long to master and to know how to use well any of them. There are also some other options as open source software. Ah such difficult choice!

This is a translation with no literary ambition :

Nikolay Gogol "The Marriage"

Agafia Tikhonovna chooses the groom:

Right, such a difficult choice! If only one, two people, but four. As you want, choose. Nikanor Ivanovich is not bad, although, of course, he is thin; Ivan Kuzmich is also not bad. Yes, if you tell the truth, Ivan Pavlovich too, although a fat person, is a very prominent man. I ask humbly, how to be here? Baltazar Baltazarovich is again a man with virtues.

It's so hard to decide, it's so easy to tell how difficult it is! If Nikanor Ivanovich's lips were to be placed under Ivan Kuzmich's nose, and if there was any kind of cheekiness that Baltazar Baltazarych had, and perhaps add to this the corpulence of Ivan Pavlovich, then I would immediately decide. Now, think about it! Just the head even began to hurt.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Alas, there is no such thing as the perfect software Valery.  Even if you put the best parts of all four packages together there would still be something you wanted to do that couldn't be done by the resulting package!  C'est la vie!

Alan

Dear Mr Valery Ochkov, I admire everything of your country, but without going into details, I would say that in the past, having a woman of Russian origin who cared for the house, I started with her, studying the language . But then everything was gone. What do I mean by that? I mean, even the google translator does not provide a satisfactory translation of the Russian text, that is, It is a very difficult language, and it is very scarcely widespread here because of almost secular isolation. So if you want everyone to understand what you are writing, you should translate your text into English.

Thanks a lot

mnori
12-Amethyst
(To:ValeryOchkov)

Each package, though different, has such wide capabilities, that I think it takes long to master and to know how to use well any of them. There are also some other options as open source software. Ah such difficult choice!

This is a translation with no literary ambition :

Nikolay Gogol "The Marriage"

Agafia Tikhonovna chooses the groom:

Right, such a difficult choice! If only one, two people, but four. As you want, choose. Nikanor Ivanovich is not bad, although, of course, he is thin; Ivan Kuzmich is also not bad. Yes, if you tell the truth, Ivan Pavlovich too, although a fat person, is a very prominent man. I ask humbly, how to be here? Baltazar Baltazarovich is again a man with virtues.

It's so hard to decide, it's so easy to tell how difficult it is! If Nikanor Ivanovich's lips were to be placed under Ivan Kuzmich's nose, and if there was any kind of cheekiness that Baltazar Baltazarych had, and perhaps add to this the corpulence of Ivan Pavlovich, then I would immediately decide. Now, think about it! Just the head even began to hurt.

Top Tags