cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Mathcad Object support in Mathcad Prime 3.1

araczynski
1-Newbie

Mathcad Object support in Mathcad Prime 3.1

I have recently upgraded to Mathcad Prime 3.1 and I have noticed that it is impossible to insert Mathcad Objects into Microsoft Word (2013).
This feature worked fine in Mathcad 15.0. Why is it gone now? Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:araczynski)

You're doing nothing wrong.

Mathcad Prime is a completely different development from Mathcad.

You can see that by the fact that:

- They start to number the Prime versions from 1, where Mathcad already made it to 15.

- There is a large difference in possibilities and impossibilities between Mathcad and Prime.

Fortunately they still give you the full functional Mathcad 15 with your license of Prime.

Success!
Luc

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:araczynski)

I have recently upgraded to Mathcad Prime 3.1 and I have noticed that it is impossible to insert Mathcad Objects into Microsoft Word (2013).

This feature worked fine in Mathcad 15.0.

As Luc notes, there are very large differences between what can be done in MC15 and in MC Prime. In almost all cases, going from MC15 to MC Prime is not an upgrade.

Thanks! I was afraid that might be the case.

I hope they will address this problem in one of future releases. Until then I will stick with the V15.

Cheers,

Adam

Top Tags