cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Mathcad Planet "chain delete bug"

jeanGiraud
1-Newbie

Mathcad Planet "chain delete bug"

Mathcad Planet is no more a "collaboratory", just a "Facebook" chat. I would conserve 3 categories

1. Other subjects for non work sheets comments and else

2.. Puzzles & Games as non Engineering stuff

3. "Usage" for all matters concerning Mathcad

In Mathcad, everything is "Usage"

Zap: twitters, blogs, documents [all the useless stuff].

Get enough glue and paper to blank and zap "Trending subjects

and replace by a list of "per collab list of all his work sheets in Planet"

Example: clicking on my name I could see all my work sheets listed

That would ease to link visitors to material already treated.

About the Mathcad Planet "chain delete bug"

Here is:

Jean,
My Mathcad didn't like the colTOL function at the bottom of the page had to change the last line of the program to w[0 instead of w[1.
Mike
You mentioned w[0 in colTOL for your Mathcad version. It might very well be a "logical bug" or a "vectorize bug". I can't explain otherwise than in the redesign of the PTC Mathcad version, they didn't account for some commutative rules . As I type this message, the 3rd in this thread, there are then 2 bugs:
1. the Mathcad bug you noted
2. the forum bug.
The forum bug is the same as mentioned before, the "delete bug". Past your (1)"Absolute fantastic...",(2) I replied, (3)you replied about w[0,(4) I replied ....... I deleted my (2) which deleted your (3) & my (4). I call this bug the "chain delete bug". ...What we don't know yet: if in your (3) you had a corrected work sheet, would my delete (2) have deleted the work sheet as well ? Easy to experiment, you reply to this message including that piece of the work sheet that makes colTOL work ... I will then delete this message and check if the work sheet flies in the blue. The greatest worry about the "chain delete bug" is that by correcting, it might make it worse. ... I was reading Lou last night ... several screen scroll by 2" wide . It didn't happened to me yet, but I would fell very insulted if my on-line tutorial would be so smashed .
Jean
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
7 REPLIES 7
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jeanGiraud)

Interesting that you should be so up in arms about this policy, and yet you were quite willing to exploit it and delete not only your own post but also deliberately delete my reply to it in this thread:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/150750#150750

I agree that allowing uses to delete other users posts under any circumstances at all is a stunningly bad policy, but it is optional. If you delete your own post you do not have to delete all the replies. So if you are so against allowing people to do this then perhaps you should refrain from doing so yourself.

Especially, in the future please refrain from deleting my posts! I would not delete someone else's post, even if I don't agree with what they said or if they pointed out that I was wrong. So I would prefer it if people didn't do that to me.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

If someone deletes your post do you loose the points accumulated from that post?

Mike

MIke Armstrong wrote:

If someone deletes your post do you loose the points accumulated from that post?

Mike

The purpose of deleting a message is to keep the forum clean.

Deleting a message shouldn't negate accumulated points.

What do you think about visitors doing less for themselves

than collabs do for them. Do you think this kind of visitors

deserve points ? points of what ? Like rating the level of

guilt vs the IC !

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

jean Giraud wrote

The purpose of deleting a message is to keep the forum clean.

Deleting a message shouldn't negate accumulated points.

What do you think about visitors doing less for themselves

than collabs do for them. Do you think this kind of visitors

deserve points ? points of what ? Like rating the level of

guilt vs the IC !

Jean,

I agree that you should be able to delete your own post, but not posts from other members just because they have directly responded to your post. There has been numerous occasions where I have found a answer from a forum member responding to a post which wasn't directly replied to my question.

For example

Post 1 - I ask a question

Post 2 - you give a suggestion which isn't quite what I was looking for.

Post 3 - Richard modifies your sheet and reply's to your post and is exactly what I was after.

With the current ""Chain delete bug" your could remove your post and Richards (Which was the answer to the initial question).

Something wrong there.

Mike

Mike, [Richard as well]

You have to stop nagging and defaming me !!!

I have never deleted any collab message, I'm not a little secret mouse

at PTC web community. I'm entitled to delete my own message and

only my own message. That your message and Richard message got

deleted, ask the web master to put it back.

Direct your complaint to Dan Marotta, Mona ... who else ?

jmG

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

jean Giraud wrote:

Mike, [Richard as well]

jmG

Jean,

I'm not naggaing or defaming you, if it came across like that sorry.

Just posting my opinion.

Mike

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

jean Giraud wrote:

Mike, [Richard as well]

I haven't nagged you or defamed you either.

I have never deleted any collab message,

Well, you did, one of mine. That's the only one I know of though, and it's therefore only one I have brought up. And once I had said what I wanted to say I let it drop. So since I have only brought up the one post (of mine) you did delete I am not defaming you. And since I brought it up only once, and then let it go, I am not nagging you.

Top Tags