cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Mathcad Prime 2.0 Coding issue

tlafata
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 2.0 Coding issue

Hello,

I am new to mathcad and am getting the error "unable to form derivative matrix" when using OdeSolve. I think i may not be able to use OdeSolve inline like I am doing. Can anyone confirm this. And what should I do instead? I am attaching screenshots below. I appreciate your help

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 2.22.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 2.22.41 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You fixed the typo, but not the problem with the unit mismatch.

BOTH circled summands had different dimensions/units than the rest. So you can't add them.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Better you would have posted the file itself!

Looks to me like a unit mismatch

Both highlighted expression (one of them seems to be a typo, I guess) have different units than the rest of the summands.

You should check your equations!

Thank you for noticing this. I went ahead and fixed it and am still getting the same issue.

I am unsure of how to attach the whole file, only how to attach an image or video.

Here are the new images. I tried doing it outside of the solve block as well.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 11.49.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 11.49.36 AM.png

To attach a file:

In the upper right corner of this window, select "Use advanced editor"

Then, in the lower right corner, "Attach" will appear:

And you can attach your file.

You fixed the typo, but not the problem with the unit mismatch.

BOTH circled summands had different dimensions/units than the rest. So you can't add them.

Thank you, I did realize this was what you meant. I was able to get the correct answer. (This issue arose from trying to follow an example problem).

Top Tags