cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Mathcad Prime 2.0 Program Error

gorkemyurtcu
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 2.0 Program Error

Hello Everyone when i try to write someting on mathcad prime i always recieve a message like this: "An Unhandled exception occurred on the dispatcher thread. See C:\ProgramData\PTC\Mathcad Prime\Logs\Mathcad Prime_Exception_20120331_182523.log for more information. Prime will attempt to save any modified files and close. Please restart the application." Please help me thanks...

31 REPLIES 31

What Windows OS are you using? Try to report about your issue here: "Mathcad Installation & Licensing Support Center".

I'm using Original Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Do you have installed Mathcad Prime 2.0 64-bit?

Yes i installed Mathcad Prime 2.0 x64. I recieved same message in Mathcad Prime 1.0. I tried uninstall and install again and i tried the format Windows 7 and i tried to install and run Mathcad Prime on my father's pc but everytime i recieved same message. Installation was succesfull i didn't recieve any error message but when i write something in Matcad Prime i recieve that error message

Mathcad Prime 2.0 requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or later. Check on your Windows 7 whether the application Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 is enabled?

jhgjh kjhkjh wrote:

..."An Unhandled exception occurred on the dispatcher thread. See C:\ProgramData\PTC\Mathcad Prime\Logs\Mathcad Prime_Exception_20120331_182523.log for more information...

Did you send this log to PTC's technical support?

No i didn't send any log file how can i send it?

And i installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 but you said enabled? How can i enable it?

jhgjh kjhkjh wrote:

No i didn't send any log file how can i send it?

"Mathcad Installation & Licensing Support Center": http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm

jhgjh kjhkjh wrote:

...And i installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 but you said enabled? How can i enable it?

Through Control Panel --> Programs --> Turn Windows features on or off.

VladimirN. there was something that caught my attention program is opening normally and running normally until i write "x:=". for example i write "1+2=" program gives me the answer "3" but if write "x:=1" it crashes.

Could you attach this example to the message?

error 1.jpg

This is first step everything is ok but if i wirte a number it crashes

error2.jpg

this is the second image of error. when i click "OKEY" it asks me "do you want to save the changes you made to Untitled?" if i click "cancel" program turn back to work sheet and i can continue to working until i write a new variable. For example if i write y:=3 it crashes again

I found the log file and open it. It says something like this in the log file "File location : C:\ProgramData\PTC\Mathcad Prime\Logs\Mathcad Prime_Exception_20120403_115743.log"

Can you post the log file and your Mathcad worksheet? Go to the file location you wrote above, and then post the log file.

Which language version of Mathcad Prime 2.0 are you using?

Thanks,

Mona

Writing this in the log file "File location : C:\ProgramData\PTC\Mathcad Prime\Logs\Mathcad Prime_Exception_20120403_115743.log" i'm using english mathcad prime 2.0 and windows 7 home premium x64 Turkish

Merhaba, Mathcad le ilgili bahsettiğiniz sorun bende de oluyor. Siz bir çözüm bulabildinizmi?

evet denetim masasi bolgesel ayarlarda tum ayarlar ABD ye gore ayarlandiginda problem kalmiyor takildiginiz yer olursa burdan cevaplarim tekrar

Kaç gündür bununla uğraşıyordum. Evet söylediğin gibi bölgesel ayarlardan dili İngilizce (ABD) yapınca sorun düzeldi. Çok teşekkür ederim.

Hasan and Jhghh,

Are both of you up and running with Mathcad now?

Regards,

Mona

Yes, there is no problem now. Thanks.

And how do you solved this problem?

It's very easy. I changed language from "Regional and language options". It will be English(ABD).

Thanks for this tip.

So there is an issue that requires you to change the language settings?

One of my users is getting this issue " whenever i try to modify texts or copy things from other programs to mathcad prime".

Any ideas? ThanksInline image 1

mathcad.JPG

If take this mesage, you must change "Regional and language options" in Windows. It will be English(ABD).

In the Windows regions and settings it is set to English (United States). Which options need to be changed, there is no setting for English (ABD). This is a US English install.

Thanks,

1.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

I understand what you're saying. Seeing as my user gets this error when the language is set to English (US) is it a bug in the program that needs addressing?

Can we get a MathCAD tech to chime in and confirm?

Chad Erato wrote:

I understand what you're saying. Seeing as my user gets this error when the language is set to English (US) is it a bug in the program that needs addressing?

Can we get a MathCAD tech to chime in and confirm?

Hi Chad,

Try to contact with PTC's tech support by using "Mathcad Support Center":

http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm

http://blogs.ptc.com/2011/09/22/how-to-use-the-brand-new-online-mathcad-support-center/

Top Tags