cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Mathcad Prime 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, etc. in an yellow triangle

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Mathcad Prime 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, etc. in an yellow triangle

I think that during the creating of Mathcad Prime 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, etc. developers should be in front of these four circles and a yellow triangle:
1. What do we want to have new it
Mathcad Prime 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, etc.

2. What we need to move from Mathcad 15 into Mathcad Prime 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, etc. - see http://communities.ptc.com/polls/1134
3. What can and want to make developers in
Mathcad Prime 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, etc.

4. What we do not need/want to move from Mathcad 15 into Mathcad Prime 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, etc.

The project's success depends on the optimal size of a yellow triangle!

MCP3.png

6 REPLIES 6

I will not move to Prime until it can run all my worksheets. So I want PTC to concentrate on implementing the features we have in 15 that are still not in Prime (controls, user DLLs, better graphs, etc. You all know what they are), rather then spending time implementing new features that we all want but don't have in 15 (better text formatting, drawing tools, split screen views, etc). I may want those new features, but they are of no use to me if I'm not using Prime in the first place.

We also really need a way to save worksheets back to Prime 1.0 and MC15 formats! Without that capability it's impossible to collaborate with anyone that's not completely up to date with their Mathcad version. I have two people (in different locations) that I need to send worksheets to. They both have MC14, and are not likely to upgrade (they only have Mathcad so they can read my worksheets!). I can't be the only person for which this is an issue.

Richard Jackson wrote:

...We also really need a way to save worksheets back to Prime 1.0 and MC15 formats! Without that capability it's impossible to collaborate with anyone that's not completely up to date with their Mathcad version...

I agree with that too.

SteenGroðe
6-Contributor
(To:RichardJ)

Saving back to v 11 and v 6 is actually what is needed. And opening directly from any older version. How hard can it be? I know there be a couple of issues so the user has to pay attention but it is much better to pay attention than to be stuck!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:SteenGroðe)

This should have been PTC's main focus when developing their new product, not new features as they could have been added at a later date.

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

Very good point. 100% agree.

Mike

What about literature and existing SW

There are a lot of Books available as Visual Magnetics, DSP from Hager, Statistics....

This works up to M11 and most of them to M14.

Prime XY should be able to support this books and their examples should be calculable

Top Tags