cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Mathcad Prime 3.0 CU license issue

pcarlin
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 3.0 CU license issue

I have Mathcad Prime 3.0 installed and have a floating CU license, but maintenance has expired in 2014. I was issued a new license to remove the expiration dates, but still when I open Mathcad Prime, it only opens express. Any ideas what might be going wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I sent you message this morning.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi,

in the past when I had Mathcad Prime 2.0 installed, there was a file C:\Program Files\PTC\Mathcad\Mathcad Prime 2.0\Doc\en-US\Mathcad_Prime_Installation_Guide_en-US.pdf. I hope you can find similar file in your installation.

In my file following information was included:

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you Martin,

This is as big help.  In my case, I have a floating license, and it seems I need to re-establish a working

FlexNet Server.

When I run the Installation Assistant, by pointing it to my license file directly it authenticates the file and then hangs with a status of "Installing License Server"

Not sure if you have come across this. I seem to recall having this difficulty in the past, but alas cannot remember how it was resolved.

Thanks again for you help, and have a great weekend.

-Paul

Hi,

OK, you have floating license.

If you open license file look at PTC_HOSTID in SERVER line. The value assigned to PTC_HOSTID is physical address of network card. Does it belong to your computer ?

If YES, then FLEXnet is installed on your PC. Do you know FLEXnet installation directory ?

If YES then you will find license.dat file in licensing subdirectory.

Now you can update the contents of license.dat file using your new license file. I use following procedure:

1. open license.dat file in Notepad
  2. open new license file in Notepad
  3. select SERVER and DAEMON line in license.dat file, press CTRL+C
  4. select SERVER and DAEMON line in new license file, press CTR+V
  5. in new license file, press CTR+A, CTRL+C
  6. in license.dat file press CTRL+A, Delete, CTRL+V
  7. save license.dat file
  8. close and don't save new license file
  9. restart PC
  10. start Mathcad Prime and apply procedure mentioned in Mathcad_Prime_Installation_Guide_en-US.pdf
  11. Specify Server (name of your PC) and Port (7788)

MH

Martin Hanák

Yeah, It is the correct hostid.

I've got nothing, No FlexNet Install dir that I can see and. no license.dat any where on the system, and when I try to run the installation assistant it

hangs indefinitely, saying installing server.

I'm pretty sure I know what the Host Name should be, but I dont have any idea what program is the daemon.

This was the case when I first attempted the installation, way back when, but I cant recall how PTC instructed me to work around it.

Hi,

in Windows click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Service.

In Services window look for:

• FLEXlm server for PTC
  • lmadmin_ptc

If you find of these services, then you have FLEXnet installed on your PC.

If NOT, you can download FLEXnet installation package using URL http://free-dl.ptc.com/install/setup.exe

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks again for all your help Martin.

This is basically the root of the problem.

FlexNet will not install.  When I download and run the setup.exe.

I give it my license file, and it first says authenticating, and the says installing server, and then is hangs there indefinitely.

Hi,

what operating system is installed on your PC ?

Tip no.1: Create new admin account, login and run setup.exe (FLEXnet) again.

Tip no.2: Open Properties dialog of setup.exe file and set Compatibility to older operating system and check Run this program as an administrator option.

MH

Martin Hanák

Good Afternoon Martin.

I have Windows8 installed.

I tried option #1 and #2

Also tried with Antivirus and Windows Firewall both on and off.

Hi,

I sent you message this morning.

MH

Martin Hanák

The separate servery installation worked like a charm. My Mathcad install is fully functional now.  Thanks very much for all of your help.

Best Regards.

-PC

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:pcarlin)

For the future - you can also find a license manager "PTC License Server" in Mathcad 15 M045 package, here: Thank You for Your Interest in PTC Mathcad 15 | PTC

Pic_1.png

Top Tags