cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Mathcad Prime 3.0 X-Y Plot "Plotting Failed"

ptc-5481293
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 3.0 X-Y Plot "Plotting Failed"

Hi,

I am working on this worksheet, and I cannot get Mathcad to plot my equation. I get the following error: "Plotting Failed. Replace complex values and NaNs by real numbers."

I am not using any complex values and I shouldn't have any NaNs unless their is a syntax issue.

I have looked through many resources, and I haven't found a solution to this seemingly simple problem.

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As Mike already pointed out you have some unit problems in your gain function.

Have you ever evaluated gain() for a sibgle value of s? Sure not, so try it now.

The first unit mismatch is highlighted in the picture below. The fraction yield Ohm but the summand 1 is unitless.

Next problem may be that the green summand yields 1/sec^2 and so should the first summand.

1.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5481293)

I think the problem is with your gains function.

Break it down and change the unit compatibility.

As Mike already pointed out you have some unit problems in your gain function.

Have you ever evaluated gain() for a sibgle value of s? Sure not, so try it now.

The first unit mismatch is highlighted in the picture below. The fraction yield Ohm but the summand 1 is unitless.

Next problem may be that the green summand yields 1/sec^2 and so should the first summand.

1.png

Top Tags