cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Mathcad Prime 3.0 does freeze after doing smth. like saving.

ahübinger
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 3.0 does freeze after doing smth. like saving.

Hey Guys,

recently I got a license for Mathcad Prime 3.0 (Academical Version) and tried to install Mathcad on my PC.

I had no problems with installing or licensing later on.

First startup also no problem.

But when I am trying to do something with it, it starts freezing and there is no way to get control back.

Mathcad is working on the devices from class mates using the same Operating System.

System Specs (might help you):

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64bit version 1511 (build 10586.218 for the nerds ^^)

16 GB of Ram and nVidia gForce 960m

and SSD for operating drive

Things I tried already:

.) Run in compatibility mode in windows 8 and 7

.) Reinstall with all Mathcad data removed

.) Install with license.dat

.) Run over internal graphics card (Intel HD 530)

.) Run as Administrator

.) Installed Framework 3.5 and later

Something else I can try?

Hope I havn't forgot something and also hope for a fast help.

Greetings Alexander

Btw.: The reason why I am using Mathcad Prime 3.0 and not 3.1 is just because I got one for 3.0 from my school.

19 REPLIES 19
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ahübinger)

You have a 64-bit OS.

Your .NET framework should be, and probably is also 64-bit.

Which edition of Prime 3.0 did you install, 64 or 32-bit?

Success!
Luc

I installed the 64bit version of Prime but got a 32bit version of .NET framework. i'll try to install the 64bit Framework

Greets Alexander.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ahübinger)

Please report if that solves the problem.

Luc

Sorry for the time you had to wait.

Sadly it hasn't solved the problem. I completely reinstalled .NET Framework and Mathcad Prime 3.0. Both with 64bit.

Alex

The latest version of .NET Framework is 4.6/4.6.1 (link: .NET Framework 4.6 - Search Microsoft.com). You installed this version?

Yes I have installed this one.

Please submit your request in "Academic Support Request" form: Academic Case Logger

Ok did. I'll notify you when i've got a solution.

We will wait for feedback from you.

I got forwarded to the "Mathcad support wizard".

And those team rejected my support request with the remark: "Windows 10 support is planned for Mathcad Prime 4.0 F000, which will be released end of the year 2016"

Doesn't seem to get any help there...

Now I'm disappointed...

What if you install the 32 bit version of Mathcad Prime instead of the 64 bit?

I would try this if I could find a copy. There are only 64bit versions in the school network. And I don't want to register myself to other websites.

1. When you run the installer program, select the "Customize" and then you can specify which version to install - 32-bit or 64-bit:

Pic_1.png

2. Can you use a Ribbon panel?. If so then try to turn off "Multithreading":

• Go to "Calculation" tab --> "Calculation Options" button;
  • Click on the "Multithreading" button.

Pic_2.png

For the 1st:

The problem is that I can't mark 32bit with my installation setup.

For the 2nd:

I can use the bar but all operations are leading to a freeze. On the picture is the last thing I get from Mathcad.

One thing I want to mention:

It seems to be a software problem caused by Windows. And because there is obviously no way arround this problem I will try to reinstall my OS and I will also update the thread if Mathcad is working or not. I will do this in about a month.

This is just to give you an update:

I did format my harddrive and installed Windows again (i had the time now). Now Mathcad is working properly.

Thanks for helping me.

Regards Alexander.

And many you have the software was installed before format the hard drive?

Hi,

if you can do following test:

• disconnect current disk
  • connect another empty disk
  • install Windows 10 ... you will get clean operating system
  • install and test Mathcad

If Mathcad works, then the problem is somewhere in current Windows 10 installation ...

MH

Martin Hanák

Tried this with a Virtual Machine (should be the same effect and I hadn't any drive laying around).

Didn't freeze.

What can I try to get this working? (without Formating the whole drive and reinstall all programms)

Hello Alexander,

What can I try to get this working? (without Formating the whole drive and reinstall all programms) ... that's the right (and simple) question . Unfortunatelly the answer is not so simple. I am sorry I do not have any idea.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags