cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Mathcad Prime 3.1 Crashing

thuang
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 3.1 Crashing

I have been having problem with Mathcad Prime 3.1 crashing lately.  First, when I load my files, some random equations will be red-circled as "Unknown Error: mpl%_Exception".  (see attached image).  As soon as I start changing the values on my worksheet, Mathcad would crash.

At first, I thought it might be migration issue from my Prime 2.0 file to Prime 3.1, but I realized even if I try a simple calculation in a new file, Mathcad would crash. 
ex. a:=1m, b:=2m, c:=a+b=  (see attached image)

I am now stuck, not being to load any of my worksheets.  Could anybody offer any suggestion or explanation? 

I am running Mathcad Prime 3.1 Express, on Windows 7 service pack 1, 64bit.  Intel Core i5-3470 CPU 3.20GHz, 8 GB RAM.  I did try reinstalling the software with same result.

Thanks in advance for helping out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tselvan
4-Participant
(To:thuang)

Uncheck Multithreading option if it is checked, from Calculation tab > Calculation options. Check if that helps?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Do you get the same error with:

a:=1m

b:=2m

c:=a+b

c=

i.e. NOT using the = in the asignment statement?

LucMeekes, you seem to be right on the spot.

No, it does not crash if the = is not used in the assignment statement.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Do you use Prime (full) or Prime Express.

In my Prime 3.1 Express, having the = in the assignment to c isn't a problem.

There could be a bug in Prime (full) for this, or there's something wrong with your installation...

Success!
Luc

Luc,

I am using Prime Express.  Same as you.

I tried uninstalling the program and install it again.  Did not fix the problem.  I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same problem as me?

Thanks,

Terry

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Dou you have a "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1" installed on your Windows OS? And you need a better to use Mathcad Prime 3.1 64-bit version on PC (how to setup 64-bit version can be found in the attached file).

System requirements for Mathcad Prime 3.1:

Pic_1.png

Hello Vladimir,

Thanks for the advice.  I verified my installation as follows:

• Yes, I used the 64 bit of version of MathCAD Prime 3.1
  • Yes, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 is installed, also 64 bit version

So I did not change any setup.  The problem of crashing persists when the file consists of "=" and variable assignment are written in the same line.  As soon as I change any value of a variable triggering re-calculation, Mathcad crashes

Terry

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hi Terry,

Try to contact with PTC tech support by using "Mathcad Support Center": http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm

tselvan
4-Participant

Uncheck Multithreading option if it is checked, from Calculation tab > Calculation options. Check if that helps?

thuang
1-Newbie
(To:tselvan)

Tamizh Selvan,

Prime 3.1 stopped crashing once I turn the multithreading option off.  Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:tselvan)

Tamizh,

Thank you for this tip.

tselvan
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Np.. Looks like it is a known bug with Prime 3.1 and to be fixed in next release..

Top Tags