cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mathcad Prime 3 - Creo ribbon style?

spaco
3-Visitor

Mathcad Prime 3 - Creo ribbon style?

Someone at PTC can confirm that Mathcad Prime 3.0 will have Creo ribbon style?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
jkucan
1-Newbie
(To:spaco)

PTC Mathcad Prime 2.0 already has a ribbon that is similar, but not exactly the same as Creo. We do not plan any significant changes to it for Prime 3.0. Can you elaborate on the specific differences and their importance?

Thanks,

spaco
3-Visitor
(To:jkucan)

Prime 2 ribbon:

- the performance is not so good;

- it looks like an Open Source version = half-professional;

- the icons are blurry. I know that they were designed by a professional designer, but they look bad;

- the ClearType for text does not respect OS settings (and/or cannot be turned on/off by a program setting);

- there are several types of fonts (OS font setting is not respected);

- the light blue color is does not fit with an engineering program;

Maybe all of these seems trivial but a software look is important.

Overall, Prime 2 quality is not you can expect from a good piece of software.

Just open side by side Office 2010 and Prime 2 and compare them in terms of quality: clear icons' images, one type of font, speed, responsiveness...

I am expecting that similar software developed by a company to look the same, like Word, Excel, PowerPoint.

Maybe Creo ribbon can be PTC ribbon style, like the one Microsoft and Autodesk have.

Or, if you don't want to use Creo ribbon, there are many freeware or 30-50 $ ribbon components which looks 10 times better than Prime 2.

I hope that for Prime 3 you will give us a new ribbon, taking into account that Prime 3 will be a milestone.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:spaco)

While you may be right in one respoect or another, my personal opinion is that there a huge lot other aspects which are necessary to change/implement to make Prime3 a worthwhile product. I'm speaking of functionality, quickness of response, intuitiveness of handling (the scrollbars at the vectors are ridiculous!) and the many features missing compared to Mathcad15. Considering that, the colour of the ribbons have a very low priority (to me).

I hope that for Prime 3 you will give us a new ribbon, taking into account that Prime 3 will be a milestone.

Why do you think that Prime3 will be a milestone? Some times ago (the times Prime 1 was launched) it was announced that Prime3 will have all the features of MC15 - that would not have been a milestone, just a deadlock. In the meantime it looksa like Prime3 will still not even be able to live up to Mathcad15 (and maybe never will, concerning to feature richness). So I don't expect a milestone in the near future, but I am open for a pleasant surprise.

Top Tags