cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Mathcad Prime 3 - string to equation conversion

mark_neil2
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 3 - string to equation conversion

Hi,

For long time, I was looking for a way to convert an eqaution in the form of a string into a Mathcad equation. I thought that it can be done with Mathcad Prime 3. However, I have no programming experince with Mathcad.

I have mathematical equations saved in Notepad in Windows. They are rather long equations. I don't want to manually convert them into Mathcad since it is not practical. In Mathcad Prime I have realized that if I write an equation in double quotation, delete the double quotations and replace the math operators (+, -, *, /) manually afterwards, then Mathcad treats it as equation. I was hoping that a program can be written in Mathcad Prime that takes an equation in the form of string as an input, replaces the math operators; then Mathcad Prime treats the resultant expression as equation. Please see the attached Mathcad Prime 3 file.

Thanks for the help.

Mark.

34 REPLIES 34
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mark_neil2)

The schema is the specific format of the XML used by Mathcad. It is unique to Mathcad.

It is good to know this. Thanks.

Mark.

Just fyi. The math operations in the equations are nothing but ÷, *, -, +.

Mark.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mark_neil2)

If it's that limited then it would be possible to write a scripted component that would take the string as an input, create the XML, and then change an existing math region to the new XML. Then you would see your expression in the worksheet. It would be similar to the attached worksheet, which creates an empty matrix, but the script would be far more complex.

Unfortunately, writing such a script would be a lot of work, and I certainly do not have the time to do it in the foreseeable future.

ok, Richard. Thanks.

Mark.

Top Tags