cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mathcad Prime 4.0 Plotting failed. Replace complex values and NaNs by real numbers. need help- asap

MahmoudMagdy
5-Regular Member

Mathcad Prime 4.0 Plotting failed. Replace complex values and NaNs by real numbers. need help- asap

Hello,

I have this problem which says Plotting failed. Replace complex values and NaNs by real numbers. Although I identified the units and the parameters. Need help ASAP please.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your calculation resulted in an array of arrays, that's what the square brackets around each element means.

Capture.PNG

That won't plot.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MahmoudMagdy)

Attach your Prime worksheet, not just a picture.

Luc

MahmoudMagdy
5-Regular Member
(To:LucMeekes)

Okay, here it is.

Your calculation resulted in an array of arrays, that's what the square brackets around each element means.

Capture.PNG

That won't plot.

MahmoudMagdy
5-Regular Member
(To:Fred_Kohlhepp)

can you solve it and send me the file ? 'cause I didn't make double arrays in equations :S

I've got Express 4.0.  I was able to open your file, but I cannot program, so where you were programming values I had to pick just one (two pink highlighted expressions.

Attached as mathcad and pdf

MahmoudMagdy
5-Regular Member
(To:Fred_Kohlhepp)

Thank you so much, really appreciate it.

1) Your definition of function S.J uses sigma and sigma is not a single value but a vector of values. Thats the rerason S.J returns a nested  matrix which can't be plotted.

One way round is to define S.J as a function of two arguments omega and sigma

B1.PNG

2) In your plot you added extra units rad/s for omega when calling S.J. This is wrong as omega already has the correct units. Furthermore the axis limits you had chosen are far too big

B2.PNG

unless you want the plot be displayed in different units

B3.PNG

Worksheet in P5 format attached

Top Tags