Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathcad Prime 4 converter fail

Participant

Mathcad Prime 4 converter fail

I have Prime 4 up and running.  To convert legacy files, I installed Mathcad 15 like is says it needs.  Both work fine. However, the converter feature just doesn't work.  Every legacy file I try to convert says converstion failed, process aborted.  No other info.  I have not gotten any legacy file to convert.  So far conversion to Prime has been a bust.  These are simple files, maybe a jpg image or two.  Very Frustrating.

Curt Fortenberry

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Mathcad Prime 4 converter fail

Can you open the file in Mathcad 15?

Sounds like something went wrong in your installation. But to be sure you may post here one of the legacy files which failed. If it failed for us, too, its the file. If not its your installation.

I've tried to attach a simple file, no graphics, and one that fails the converter process (actually, all do but this was a very simple equation file).  The file opens fine in MCAD 15.  But when I attach the file here to post, I get an error saying "content type does not match file extension".  Odd.  I did try to copy and paste from 15 to Prime, but it only comes in as a graphic.  

Curt Fortenberry

This new forum software has many drawbacks and we hope that PTC will get things sorted soon.

At the time being most of us (but not all) are bot able to uplod Mathcad or Prime files directly and get the very same error message you reported (see the discussion here).

Workaround so far is to put the file in a zip or rar archive and upload the archive 😞

Thanks, I'll try a zip file here.

Curt Fortenberry

As expected there was no problem converting your file - as I am using Prime 3.0 and not 4.0 - maybe someone with P40 can give it a try, too.

I attach the converted file and the log.

Converetd fine:

1. PIC2.png

I agree, your conversion worked.  I'm now wondering if it's maybe me, unless Prime 4 has other issues.  So I'm assuming using the converter, I just pick the add worksheets button, add the file(s), and pick convert?  Am I missing something?  Thanks.

Curt Fortenberry

That's what the instructions say!

Note that my Prime 3.0 did not open the file.  The file converted and did open, once I found it and used Prime to open it.  The converter did not launch the file.