cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Mathcad Prime 5.0.0: Freezes and becomes non-responsive when a large file is opened.

saadhere
5-Regular Member

Mathcad Prime 5.0.0: Freezes and becomes non-responsive when a large file is opened.

Hello PTC Community,

I have been working on PTC Mathcad Prime 5.0.0 for a while now. Recently, I noticed that when dealing with larger files (around 40-41 pages), mathcad prime was lagging.

Now, that I tried to open a 102-pages file on mathcad prime 5.0.0., it started lagging terribly. I was unable to edit / modify the file because of serious lags. After 5-10 seconds, the program became non-responsive.

Is there any fix for this?

5 REPLIES 5

I have tried to convert Mathcad 15 sheet with 100-200 pages into Prime - problems!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:saadhere)

The only fix I can think of is:

Don't use Prime, use Mathcad 15 instead (your license for Prime is  also valid for Mathcad 15).

Success!

Luc

@saadhere wrote:

Hello PTC Community,

I have been working on PTC Mathcad Prime 5.0.0 for a while now. Recently, I noticed that when dealing with larger files (around 40-41 pages), mathcad prime was lagging.

Looks like you are lucky as from what I had read here people often experience that problem even with smaller files (maybe with more inserted pictures).

Unfortunately I don't know of any fix other than "Do not use Prime for anything serious!!".

Just poking around:

If the machine where you are trying to edit the file is somewhat underpowered, you may try the same on a more capable machine - probably more RAM is more helpful than a faster CPU, I guess.

If your 100+ pages file contains a lot of inserted pictures, you may try to delete them and see if this enables you to edit the file. After editing you can try to reinsert the pics. But I know that is by no means acceptable, not really workable, quite unreasonable and very likely to fail, too.

How was that file created? How did you manage to do that? Or was is converted from a real Mathcad file as Valery had reported?

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:saadhere)

5.0 seems to have this problem, even on small files.  I still mostly use 4.0 (for other reasons) but have definitely noticed an increase in freezes when I use 5.0.

Try to turn off "Multithreading":

1. Go to "Calculation" tab --> "Calculation Options" button.

2. Click on the "Multithreading" button.

Pic_1.png

Top Tags