cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Mathcad Prime 5.0 Release date

MEstrada
3-Visitor

Mathcad Prime 5.0 Release date

Has a date been set for the release of version 5.0 of Mathcad prime?

On the calendar, it says June 2018, but a day does not show announced.

Are these dates set in stone, or ice?

43 REPLIES 43
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:DJF)

No value for Rtip, nor for theta. No definition of Rcam.

I'm afraid that the solution is not to your liking because you gave the solver too much freedom....

Luc

I guess we just don't see  that R.tip:= 0,1 in and how theta or R.cam are defined.

So we can't give it a try with MC15 or P4.

But you solve for five variables but only use four independent equations plus the constraint k<R.contact.

So Prime has too much freedome.

It is all the more surprising that Prime offers a "solution" that does not even fulfill all four equations.

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:LucMeekes)

As Werner guessed, there is more to the sheet.  I just can't share it and it was too much work to make it shareable.  And my complaint to PTC wasn't so much that maybe I formulated something wrong.  It's just that I got a wrong answer - whether it's formulated right or wrong.  The answer should match the constraints within TOL.  I'm very used to the 'No solution found' and that's what it should have done here.  It's what MC15 would have done, and what 5.0 will do.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:DJF)

Is R.cam that secret?

As far as R.cam is somewhat reasonable I would guess that you should get one of the many possible solutions and not a "no solution found".  After all your system as shown in the picture has at least one degree of freedom.

The PTC partner in Moscow is ready to go to me and install Mathcad Prime 5!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ValeryOchkov)

Oh you lucky man!

Luc

г-н профессор,

извините, что я отнимаю ваше время,
(мой язык заржавел немного).

Вы как то сказали, что старый конь борозды не испортит, но скоро здохнет.
старый конь, не совсем здох, но на издохе. я (статика, динамика, сопромат...)
работаю с новым конём, но, он хромает, ну, как минимум, на 3 ноги.

что делать (с моим зоопарком)?

Спасибо, что напомнили об этом окончании данной пословицы.

Я знаю еще одно - "но глубоко не вспашет!".

Я слышал, что в английском аналоге этой пословицы речь идет о быке. Так ли это?

Но если говорить серьезно, то я в Бостоне обсуждал проблему с Аленом Раздоу - создателем Mathcad. Он рассказал много чего интересного. Могу поведать вам в частной переписке.

St-Kon.png

DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

Hello Werner_E,
Here is my link, it's Software Update Availability :

https://support.ptc.com/cgi/support/apps/sft_upd_dsp/sft_upd_dsp.pl

Before the link pointed to your link.
Sincerely.
Denis

Good morning,
And "ZUT", I was sure, I just downloaded Prime 5.0 and it is in 64 Bits and all my systems are in 32 Bits.
I'm in the......
Sincerely.
Denis

From what we see in this video it looks like the parameters of the new 2D plot can't be set by Mathcad variables. If thats true that would be quite disappointing.

@Werner_E wrote:

From what we see in this video it looks like the parameters of the new 2D plot can't be set by Mathcad variables. If thats true that would be quite disappointing.

Not sure what you mean, looks like they're defining the inputs from variables and functions:

Capture.PNG

I meant things like axis limits, number of grid lines, labels and their position, plot color, line style,  etc.

All those nice things which obviously can be input via a menu/dialog.

I am not sure if we would be allowed to input a Mathcad variable name instead of a numeric or string value in those boxes. But as its just a third party module which has been integrated in Prime and as the integration was done by PTC, I fear ...

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:Fred_Kohlhepp)

Good point

Top Tags