cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Mathcad Prime 5.0 opens as express

CMcFarland
4-Participant

Mathcad Prime 5.0 opens as express

I opened Mathcad Prime 5.0 today and it opened as express.  I tried to reactivate the license, but it just tells me that the products are licensed.  I purchased the yearly subscription and I am due to renew on the 22nd, so it should still be active.  Not sure what to do.  I have the license file saved on the computer, and pointed the license manager to that file - but it stays in express.

What do I need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CMcFarland
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Thank you for your answers. 

I finally figured it out by going into options --> license and it told me that it cannot perform the function via a services terminal.  I am remotely accessing the computer where Mathcad resides - and apparently you cannot do that???  I had to go to the office and login directly and now it works.  Not a great option with so many of us working remotely.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:CMcFarland)

Does mathcad 15 still run?

Potentially your config file is corrupt. You may want to try delete that and see if it helps (see here for more info https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Mathcad-Prime-4-0-doesn-t-start-anymore/td-p/492614).

Success!

Luc

CMcFarland
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Yes it does.  I can't tell if it has all of the functionality though because I do not normally use it.  I have created some programs for Prime and have not used 15 at all yet.

CMcFarland
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

I tried the config file from the link, and it just created a new config file in the folder and opened as express.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:CMcFarland)

Contact PTC support...

Success!
Luc

CMcFarland
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Thank you for your answers. 

I finally figured it out by going into options --> license and it told me that it cannot perform the function via a services terminal.  I am remotely accessing the computer where Mathcad resides - and apparently you cannot do that???  I had to go to the office and login directly and now it works.  Not a great option with so many of us working remotely.

You are perfectly right - Prime will fall back in Express mode when you remotely access the machine where Prime is installed. This is really silly and annoying. Mathcad (15 and below) does not have this drawback, but in Prime the decision which NIC is considered the "primary" one (which is the one the license has to be bound to) is much more restrictive.

Top Tags