Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathcad Prime 5.0: some new updates

SOLVED

Re: Mathcad Prime 5.0: some new updates

Well, prime 5 was released today, i went to download it and test (we are still using mathcad 15 in my company due to limited features in prime) and it wasnt available.  After speaking with PTC they have shelved it another week due to a bug.  Are any of you surprised?  🙂

@mwalther wrote:

Well, prime 5 was released today, i went to download it and test (we are still using mathcad 15 in my company due to limited features in prime) and it wasnt available.  After speaking with PTC they have shelved it another week due to a bug.  Are any of you surprised?  🙂

After all we are talking about PTC. The company which released Prime 1.0 - a useless software being just one big bug - and they seriously took real money for it.

And now they withdraw P5 because of a bug!

YES, I am surprised 😉

Any piece of software of any complexity has bugs. So if PTC will not release Prime 5.0 until it has no bugs, that could explain a lot about how long it has taken Smiley LOL.

From experience I know:

It takes less time to create a bug than to fix it...

Luc

I also received an email today from my reseller stating that 5.0 was available. However, like you, when I went to my download page it was not there.  It would be nice of they tested in house or with a stable of beta testers before announcing the release and using customers to test the product.

I was an alpha and beta tester for every version of Prime up to and including 4 (and many versions of real Mathcad, back to the Mathsoft days). I didn't get invited to the party for 5.0. It's entirely possible that's because my increasingly vocal dislike of Prime finally annoyed PTC enough that they uninvited me from the test team. Or perhaps they just dropped the beta test team altogether. All the same to me, because once they went to a subscription only model I was going to decline any invitation anyway.

i was faster Smiley Happy

mp5_01.JPG

Highlighted

I was not invited for any beta test this time as well, so just one thing on the 3D graphics. If I am not wrong some of the code in Mathcad 3D graph is 8bit and maybe even undocumented as Mathsoft had it build by somebody else (I can't remember which company and they are probably also long gone). Also it contrains a few tricks here and there. So they will have to make that all over. If they didn't have to make it backwards compatible it shouldn't be all that difficult to do, but... well there will probably some reactions when all the old 3D sheets does not work.

@SteenGroðe wrote:
I was not invited for any beta test this time as well

Hi Steen. Long time no see. It's nice to know that if I was singled out for banishment from the testing group, at least I wasn't the only one Smiley LOL

Announcements