Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathcad Prime 6.0 is out!

Re: Mathcad Prime 6.0 is out!

Most eBooks ( Hicks' ME, Roark's Formulas, Hicks' EEE, and including my own) use a Table of Contents (TOC) page that contains links out to individual topics in separate documents and the requisite links back to the TOC in each of those.  While jumping within a document was useful in Mathcad 15, not many of the add-on eBooks used this feature and I haven't used it in my own.  Keeping topic files small is a far better mechanism.

Now, an eBook viewer like Mathcad 15 has would be wonderful (it "jumps" to different documents in stead of opening new document tabs and leaving them all open), but this is certainly a start and will save having to convert TOC pages to HTML, which was the only recourse in the past.  It's a start.

i finally got the link and it installs fine. the what's new document says they did make some improvements to the plotting. i'm curious to know what people think of this release. there were a lot of complaints for many years. does prime 6 address enough of them? i don't use it enough personally to have an opinion. i like classic mathcad much better.

Agree hyperlinks will not solve the Ebook managmenet. You need that to maintain paths correctly to the pages in an ebook. Having to manuallly repaste all the ansolute paths to links is not managebale, I guess maintaining a local path reference structure in the hyperlinks with all Ebook files stored in a folder pointing to teh local path might work. Not tried 6 yet,,,,,

@JeffH1 wrote:

Most eBooks ( Hicks' ME, Roark's Formulas, Hicks' EEE, and including my own) use a Table of Contents (TOC) page that contains links out to individual topics in separate documents and the requisite links back to the TOC in each of those.  While jumping within a document was useful in Mathcad 15, not many of the add-on eBooks used this feature and I haven't used it in my own.  Keeping topic files small is a far better mechanism.

Now, an eBook viewer like Mathcad 15 has would be wonderful (it "jumps" to different documents in stead of opening new document tabs and leaving them all open), but this is certainly a start and will save having to convert TOC pages to HTML, which was the only recourse in the past.  It's a start.

Guess I understand what you mean.

I had a more powerful hyperlink system in mind.

I wouldn't give it that harsh a judgement (...what is it 1995?) and say...1998?!

Raiko

It seems to work, but you have to <Ctrl>Click, like you do in MS Word.  It also selects the text box when you do it.  It's not, maybe, clean enough for an eBook.

However, they did implement links to URLs using SSL, so you can now link to https:// destinations.  Since our entire network uses SSL, this is a plus.  I had requested this back in Mathcad 15.

Oh well.

Highlighted

I agree it was annoying in real Mathcad not to be able to link to https sites

PTC Mathcad Prime is the industry standard for engineering calculation software, helping you solve your most complex problems and share your engineering calculations with colleagues UPSers Login. Now we’ve just made it even easier with PTC Mathcad Prime 6.0.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

ROFLMAO