Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathcad Prime 6.0 is out!

Re: Mathcad Prime 6.0 is out!

I had to laugh ..I don't know to which industry you are referring but standard must be very low then

really?

@Patrick9 wrote:

PTC Mathcad Prime is the industry standard for engineering calculation software, helping you solve your most complex problems and share your engineering calculations with colleagues. Now we’ve just made it even easier with PTC Mathcad Prime 6.0.

Nice joke, but we don't have Aprils fools day yet. Hope you don't believe what you wrote yourself.

Unfortunately Mathcad, even in its better times (which were pre Prime of course) never was the industry standard for engineering calculations. It could have been that, but Mathsoft failed to position the software appropriately, so MatLab reaped the award.

But its true that PTC has made it easier with P6, easier for us, to say goodbye.

Does anybody know if there are any upgrade offers in the offing for upgrading to Prime 6?  I've been out of the loop for a while (illness) and would like to get back up to speed, but, now being retired, not at full licence price if I can avoid it.

Is Mathcad 15 (whatever) still included in the licence?

I’d actually like a useful forum instead of the constant bitching about how a 15 year old program is better. How much are you guys getting paid to constantly slag it off? Anyway each to their own. Some Engineers are a fickle old bunch unable to move with the times, stick with a 32 bit program leagacied to an old OS. I also have every reason to prefer the newer version without being accused of being some kind of ad for pro, it’s kinda bring constantly hearing about “real version of mathcad”. Go and use another piece of software if you can’t contribute to anything that is going to add the conversation

Cheers

Highlighted

I use the term "real mathcad" only as a shorthand, to refer to

"mathcad as it existed before PTC, and new customers, decided to refer to Prime as 'mathcad'."

in order to prevent confusion...

Luc

Stuart,

Welcome back!!

When I retired PTC offered a price of $300/year.  I expect you could get a similar offer.  Mathcad 15 is still part of the package.

I’d actually like a useful forum instead of the constant bitching about how a 15 year old program is better. How much are you guys getting paid to constantly slag it off? Anyway each to their own. Some Engineers are a fickle old bunch unable to move with the times, stick with a 32 bit program leagacied to an old OS. I also have every reason to prefer the newer version without being accused of being some kind of ad for pro, it’s kinda bring constantly hearing about “real version of mathcad”. Go and use another piece of software if you can’t contribute to anything that is going to add the conversation.

This added to the conversation?

Hi Fred.  Nice to see some familiar faces and thanks for the welcome. I had look at Prime 6.0 on the Alfasoft (ex Adept Scientific) product seminars held today.   I asked a number of questions with the answers implying the calculation side of things could still be improved.   Which is OK in its own little way, as it means most of my Prime and M15 worksheets should still run. 

I'm a bit stalled at the moment, though, as the only licenses I've got are for an old M14 and Prime 1.0, and the licences are still associated with a long-gone PC.

Welcome back Stuart,

You may know that you can install Prime 6 and use it for 30 days in full. After that it drops down to Prime 6 Express. That means you can open any Prime (1, 2, 3, 3.1, 4, 5 and 6) sheet and see any stored results, but 'Premium features' are disabled (which means that upon recalculation you may run into 'premium' messages). Premium features are such things as programming, symbolics, referenced sheets, and of course lots of functions such as bessel functions,  many graphics import and export functions and of course mean(), stdev() etc.

If you hadn't installed Mathcad 15 on your (new) PC you may be able to freely enjoy Mathcad 15 for a couple of weeks as well.

Luc