cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mathcad Prime 7.0 Plotting fails while in Mathcad v15 it successfully plots

MUFASA
6-Contributor

Mathcad Prime 7.0 Plotting fails while in Mathcad v15 it successfully plots

I have been plotting current passing w.r.t time in Mathcad Prime 7.0. But it gives the message, "Plotting failed, Replace complex values and NaNs by real numbers". It is a simple program and there are no complex values and NaNs. I can't figure out what's the reason for this failure.

1.png

But when I plot the same program in Mathcad v15 it plots successfully with no error. I am wondering whats the problem with Mathcad Prime 7.0. Is it a bug?

2.png

4 REPLIES 4
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:MUFASA)

One of the things Mathcad 15 would do that Prime won't is automatically plot from -10 to 10 if a graph denominator was not defined.  Your issue has a simple fix:

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1616414133888.png

MUFASA
6-Contributor
(To:Fred_Kohlhepp)

@Fred_Kohlhepp  As far as my experience is concerned prime can automatically plot from -10 to 10 same as Mathcad v15. Moreover in this problem when I undo the units of microseconds it plots automatically.  I can't figure out why it does so? 

1.png

Also if we define a range variable the file size increases 5 folds. It is not feasible if we have a lot of plots in the worksheet.

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Sorry!  Thought I had your answer.  I can recognize your concerns, but I like to carry units whenever I can.  

I set out to see how little I had to modify your sheet to get the plot to work.  See if the attached will help:

Fred_Kohlhepp_1-1616417050435.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Apparently the automatic variable (t in your case) generated by Prime does not automatically create a unit for it...

Luc

Top Tags