cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Mathcad Prime Giving Wrong Answers

polarnaut
6-Contributor

Mathcad Prime Giving Wrong Answers

When I use the equals sign at the end of the equation to show the answer, sometimes if I alter the equation, the answer doesn't get updated leaving a wrong answer which gets carried through all of the calculations. See the attached PDF as an example. 0.94 + .74 = 1.68, not 1.59 as shown. Is there a fix for this? Note: This doesn't seem to be a problem when the results are shown seperately in another math region.

6 REPLIES 6

Hello!

Could you upload your Mathcad file (.mcdx)?

Brett Meyring wrote:

When I use the equals sign at the end of the equation to show the answer, sometimes if I alter the equation, the answer doesn't get updated leaving a wrong answer which gets carried through all of the calculations. See the attached PDF as an example. 0.94 + .74 = 1.68, not 1.59 as shown. Is there a fix for this? Note: This doesn't seem to be a problem when the results are shown seperately in another math region.

Simply assigning numbers (with units) to variables I cannot recreate the problem.

I use Mathcad 14 and this is a common problem

Joeboy
12-Amethyst
(To:polarnaut)

In the attached file go to the comment in red, in the line below change d, initially the value of ne would not change, other values did. Once I saved the file and reopened it ne was evaluated properly. The problem does not occur in any consistent fashion. When I use the = evaluation at the end of an expression I reevalaute it if I change inputs.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Joeboy)

I have changed value for "d" on d=0,7 [m] in two places in document Mathcad and in both cases value for "ne" became equal ne=0.035 [s/m^0.333].

The given changes spent in Mathcad 15.

Var_change.GIF

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:Joeboy)

I can't get my Mathcad 14 to replicate your discrepancy.

===============

Another matter; It's very bad form to copy and paste equations further down in a work sheet to change a variable; much cleaner to use functions.

I've changed part of your work sheet to define functions to demonstrate what I mean.

Top Tags