cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mathcad Prime WYSIWYG printing bug - everything shifted left

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

Mathcad Prime WYSIWYG printing bug - everything shifted left

When I print from Prime 3.0 or 3.1 some of my pages or areas are shifted to the left about 1/2" and the first characters are cut off.  Occasionally an area will also get shifted up a tad.  Often I'll get something like (for example) page 1 is fine, the continuation of the area onto page 2 is shifted left, while the next area on page 2 is fine.  Or sometimes areas 1,2, and 4 are fine but area 3 is shifted left.   I can't seem to eliminate this problems.  It happens whether I print to a printer, pdf or xps.  Is there a way around this? Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:DJF)

What a PDF printer you are using? Try different one (CutePDF for example).

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:VladimirN)

I have used 2 pdf writers (adobe and PDFcreator), Microsoft XPS and printed hardcopies to multiple printers.  They all have the same shifted text (from Mathcad only, every other program works fine) so I don't think it boils down to what program or driver I'm using to get the output.  And due to IT rules I'm not going to be able to install other programs to try.

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

I have not heard of anyone else with this issue.  My only suggestion would be to uninstall and reinstall Mathcad.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You say "some of my pages or areas". So it is not consistent on all pages and areas....?

Can you indicate what the commonalities between the pages/areas are that do show the problem?

Can you show a picture (screenshot) of what it looks like in Prime compared to what shows on the (pdf) page?

Can you share an example (.mcdx file)?

Luc

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:LucMeekes)

It is inconsistent.  Some pages and/or areas come through fine while others do not.  Or parts of an area are fine while others aren't.  The change either occurs between separate areas, or when an area crosses a page break.  I've attached a sample.  You'll note it's a default Mathcad template (except I extended it to 3 pages) to remove that variable. In the first pdf Page 1 looks fine while 2 & 3 are offset.  I then added some blank lines near the top of page 3, and I created the 2nd pdf.  Here page 2 is fine while 1 and 3 are offset.  So, things just change for little apparent reason.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

The problem appears to have a relation with the fact that 'areas' are used that cross a page boundary.

If I remove all definitions from the area to ordinary page space, the problem doesn't occur.

I'd say that's a bug.

Success!
Luc

Top Tags