cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Mathcad Prime

ChristianMiller
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime

Will the new Mathcad Prime coming in December be able to display results on the worksheet with comma delimiters? In other words, can the result one million be displayed as 1,000,000 instead of 1000000 as it is in previous versions of Mathcad?

13 REPLIES 13

It might lead to confusion, but won't comment.

My initial response is no.

I have the latest version of Prime Alpha and the formatting options seems to be:-

General

Decimal

Scientific

Engineering

Percent

And none of these options seems to yield the answer format you require.

Mike

Thank you Mike, even though it is not the answer I had been hoping for. I have been waiting 20 years for Mathcad to offer comma delimiters.

Thanks,

Chris

Thank you Mike, even though it is not the answer I had been hoping for. I have been waiting 20 years for Mathcad to offer comma delimiters.

No problem - this can be done easy in Excel, so why couldn't this have implemented into Mathcad over the years???

Mike

It would be nice to be able to present a Mathcad worksheet to a decision maker i.e someone who controls the money. Many of those folks do not cotton to scientic or engineering notation and are at at age where they are challenged visually and have trouble counting the zeros.

It would be nice to be able to present a Mathcad worksheet to a decision maker i.e someone who controls the money.

Mathcad did move slightly forward implementing currency as a symbol with the latest update for M14, but obviously haven't taken it far enough.

Many of those folks do not cotton to scientic or engineering notation and are at at age where they are challenged visually and have trouble counting the zeros.

I'm only 25 and also challenged visually, so I share their pain. - At least I think I understand engineering notation.

Mike

I have been waiting 20 years for Mathcad to offer comma delimiters.

Look on the bright side. That means there's probably only another 10 or so to go before you get them

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

CLASS.....

What's your problem? In engineering we have only three numbers:

- zero if it is too small

- infinite if it is too big

- one in any other case. Just define the convenient unit 😉

Regards. Alvaro.

It will be good to piont not number of decimal places AFTER decimal comma, but COMMON numbers of digits in results.

I have this especialy tool in my Mathcad-Web-Sheets! See:

pt-digits.JPG

Yes, we have been asking for a significant digits option for a very long time!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ValeryOchkov)

Valery Ochkov wrote:

I must use Excel here:

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Mathcad_14/Chapter1/1_026_Insert_Excel.png

Good point.

The results could be passed to an Embedded Excel object and the required format achieved there.

Mike

Top Tags