cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mathcad Rounding numbers before calculations

syilo
1-Newbie

Mathcad Rounding numbers before calculations

Hello,

I am having a problem with Mathcad 14. After almost two years without using it I have just started to needed again.

Maybe this problem is really easy to solve but I don't find the way to do it.

Mathcad y rounding my numbers before calculation in a really strange way. have never put any setting to ask it to do so. For example, with the simplest sum 1.3 + 1.3, Mathcad gives me the result 2 instead of 2.6

If I asked mathcad for the value of gravity acceleration it gives me 9 instead of 9.8....

6 REPLIES 6
Raiko
16-Pearl
(To:syilo)

Hello Salim,

perhaps your result (menu Format) has been set to one decimal place.

Anyhow, it would be helpful to see the original document so post it here.

Raiko

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Raiko)

perhaps your result (menu Format) has been set to one decimal place.

This would not explain the effect seen in the screenshot. Obviously the number of decimal places is set to 3 and the option for showing trailing zeros is checked.

It really looks like Mathcad is truncating all operands to integer before doing its calculation.

I agree that we would need to see the sheet but chances are that the sheet will work OK for us.

@Salim: Which release of Mathcad 14 are you using?

Thanks Salim,

it is one sheet for this group - http://communities.ptc.com/groups/mathcad-paradoxes

Hi Salim,

As I remember this it's related to an old comma/dot bug in Mathcad. Maybe you can get your Mathcad to work properly with decimals again by switching Windows to use dot as decimal separator. Sometimes it was input components and things like that whic triggered this behaviour.

Regards,

Magnus

syilo
1-Newbie
(To:syilo)

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your responses, mostly because they were really quick. At the end it was a Software problem and not worksheet problem.

I solve it the old school way, unistalled the program and installed it again. Outcome: problem solved, it was a really weird stuff.

Once again, thanks

Salim Yilo wrote:

Hi Guys,

I solve it the old school way, unistalled the program and installed it again.

One of my friend when dealing with such error with Mathcad installed Mathcad on...a new computer, and threw out the old computer out the window

See please http://communities.ptc.com/thread/51961

Top Tags