cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Mathcad VS Prime 5.0

sm�ller-2
11-Garnet

Mathcad VS Prime 5.0

Hallo,

question about the new Prime 5.0.

As so far we are importing loadcases frome excel calculating the stuff and exporting the results to excel. 

After calculating the loadcases we are creating a calculation report in WORD. Copying the excel table and the mathcad calculation in. Now our reports have up to 500 Pages because one calculation can have up to 30 pages. 

Now is Prime 5.0 capable of doing such a Report of 200 to 500 Pages? So there is no need to use Microsoft Word anymoore?

Or are there any limitations like in Mathcad 15 where there comes always the message not enough working storage.

lg

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:sm�ller-2)

The first ( and only?) advantage I see for using Prime in your application is the fact that it supports 64-bit, which might - but just that - help in creating big files. I know for sure that you'll pay a penalty in speed!
Personally I think that creating multi-page tables in Mathcad is problematic, whether it's 15 or any Prime. I have no clue what the calculations you intend to execute involve; but that (too) should be investigated before you decide to switch over to Prime.
I suggest you download and install prime 5 and use the free functional period of 1 month to try out if in your application it is cream or crap.....

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Prime **bleep**?!?!?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

The first ( and only?) advantage I see for using Prime in your application is the fact that it supports 64-bit, which might - but just that - help in creating big files. I know for sure that you'll pay a penalty in speed!
Personally I think that creating multi-page tables in Mathcad is problematic, whether it's 15 or any Prime. I have no clue what the calculations you intend to execute involve; but that (too) should be investigated before you decide to switch over to Prime.
I suggest you download and install prime 5 and use the free functional period of 1 month to try out if in your application it is cream or crap.....

Success!
Luc

ok hmm since mathcad 15 has problems calculating my loadcases since there often comes the error message not enough random access memory altough there is plenty of it. 

Top Tags